Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
Are you anxious about your relationship? It can be very daunting and even feel shameful to approach a therapist about personal problems in your relationship or the fact that you aren't in one or find it hard to sustain one. Relationships, like many things need nurturing, maintenance and repair. We seek help for other concerns why not with relationship problems. Therapists, like carpenters have tools to offer to help you make repairs.
Speaking about your concerns aloud with an experienced and sympathetic listener can disempower the anxiety so the work of 'repair' can begin. Relationship therapy can also support people to separate from relationships that are no longer working.
Problems might be due to, among other reasons, illness, anxiety, sexual function, pain during sex, cultural and religious differences, trauma, gender identity or sexual orientation, bereavement, infertility and disability. I have broad experience working with a very diverse population in large inner city NHS sexual health clinics, NHS psychosexual services and in private practice. I find it very rewarding to be able to facilitate positive change in people’s relationships and intimate lives. It is a creative and dynamic process and I often feel very touched and privileged to have clients feel confident and safe enough to share their most private thoughts and anxieties with me.
I offer all potential clients a free 10 minute consultation over the phone.
I can also travel to see clients if illness or disability makes it difficult for them to travel, subject to availability and location.
Some of the concerns people bring maybe related to:
- Relationship communication problems
- How to better handle arguments
- Relationship endings
- Marriage preparation
- Painful sex and/or difficulties with penetration
- Difficulties with getting or maintaining erections
- Premature or delayed ejaculation
- Loss of interest or enjoyment in sex
- Difficulty in reaching climax
- The effects of depression on relationships
- Problems associated with menopause
- Relationship difficulties related to disability, chronic disease, accidents, surgery, cancer treatment and skin conditions
- Difficulties in relationship after diagnosis of a terminal illness
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Infertility and miscarriage
- Infant loss
- Conflicting feelings and/or fear of pregnancy
- Gender identity and sexuality
- Cultural and religious influences
- Concerns about personal sexual practice or those of a partner(s)
- Lack of knowledge about sex
- Kink friendly
If you are currently in a relationship you will be encouraged to attend sessions with your partner because sexual and relationship difficulties rarely 'belong' to one partner or the other. If you don't have a current partner or they don't want to attend appointments it can also be very useful to work on your own. It may also be that you would prefer to see a therapist on your own.
Relationship therapy and psychosexual therapy are both talking therapies but you may be asked to practise some helpful practical techniques in the privacy of your own home.
Sessions are usually weekly and work can be short or longer term depending on client needs. Numbers of session are influenced by the pace at which the client feels comfortable to work. I can be flexible for those with irregular work schedules depending on appointment availability.
How To Get Started
Contact me by phone or email to make an appointment for an initial assessment. There is no obligation to continue into therapy. This is an opportunity for me to find out about your concerns and for us to get a sense of whether we make a good fit and what the work we do together might look like.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Couple Therapy for Depression. Tavistock Centre
- 2018 Foundation Course. British Infertility Counselling Association. Manchester.
- 2016 Diploma in Transpersonal Couple Counselling and Psychotherapy, Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education, London.
- 2015 Professional Certificate in the use of Mindfulness in Therapy. Mindfulness Institute, London.
- 2014 Diploma (PG level) Clinical Supervision and Consultancy. NAOS Institute, London.
- 2010 PG Dip Relationship Therapy (Psychosexual Therapy) Relate Institute accredited by University of Hull.
- 2006 Advanced Diploma in Woman's Health, Middlesex University.
- 1997 Associate Degree in Applied Science (Nursing) Registered Nurse.
- 1993 BA. New York State University.
2020 - 2022 Trainer and supervisor Tavistock Relationships.
2019 Current - Trainer for Relate Professional Certificate in Psychosexual Therapy
2012 - 2017: Manager and Service Provider Psychosexual Service, Whittington Health NHS Foundation Trust
2011 2016: VM tutor, University College, London Medical School.
2009 - 2016: Clinical Nurse Specialist and Psychosexual Therapist CNWL NHS Foundation Trust
Relationship and Psychosexual Therapist senior accredited by The College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT)
COSRT accredited supervisor
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
COSRT is the UK’s leading membership organisation for therapists specialising in sexual and relationship issues.
All members must abide by their Code of Ethics and the performance of accredited members is regularly monitored.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Sexual trauma and abuse.
- Anxiety related to sexual and relationship issues.
- Sexual problems related to illness and disability.
- Concerns around faith, culture,religion and sex.
- Lack of knowledge about sexual function, anatomy and physiology.
- Premarital counselling.
£90.00 - £120.00
Fees: Individuals £85 and Couples £115.
I offer a free 10 minute initial phone consultation to all those interested. If you would like to take advantage of this please contact me by email or phone to arrange a convenient time.
Concessions considered depending on individual circumstances.
When I work
Please contact me directly for current availability.
Currently for face to face consultations in Highgate, North London clients need to be twice Covid vaccinated and boosted. All online consultations are via ZOOM.