Sarah Taylor, Registered MBACP, DipHE Counsellor & Psychotherapist
Welcome to Taylored-Therapies.
Are you needing help with anxiety, panic attacks, depression, low self-confidence or are experiencing relationship or family difficulties? Is life feeling stressful and overwhelming and you do not know who to turn to?
I am an integrative counsellor, trained to see the personal growth potential in us all. I offer a confidential, non-judgemental environment. Some people are able to overcome adversity while others struggle. Counselling enables us to look at how the past has influenced decisions that are made in the present. Human beings are adept at seeing things in extremes, ignoring. minimising, justifying and laughing off problems in order to meet expectations of others. Sometimes this can mask a profound unhappiness which can manifest itself in physical illness, anxiety, depression, relationship difficulties etc..
Sometimes as children our curiosity is discouraged and we may grow to believe that others’ feelings are more important than ours, so as adults we neglect to listen to ourselves. Counselling is about really hearing yourself and not having to worry about how it will affect someone else. Your perception of the problem is as important as the problem itself.
Talking to a counsellor who is removed from the situation, with no emotional involvement, means you can begin your story at whichever starting point you choose. Counselling can help focus on what the problem is and what it is like for you to be experiencing it. With increased awareness comes the possibilities of self-acceptance and doing something to change your situation if that is what you wish to do.
I have experience working with addictions, anxiety, bereavement and loss, childhood abuse, depression, domestic violence, eating disorders, gender dysphoria, gender fluid, gender neutral, low self-esteem, OCD, self-harm, sexual identity and suicidal thoughts, stress, trauma and work place issues. Counselling is an effective means of help, enabling clients to feel more positive and able to engage with life again.
Training, qualifications & experience
In addition to my Private Practice, I have worked with the NHS at a GP Surgery and I have a wealth of experience working with a wide range of issues and different age groups.
As a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP), I work in accordance with the Code of Ethics and Practice.
My qualifications are:
- BA (Hons) Integrative and Humanistic Counselling
- Relate CPCAB Level 5 in Relationship Counselling
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Levels 2 & 3 Certificates in Counselling Skills
- 101 Certificate in Transactional Analysis
- Cruse – Bereavement and Support Course
- Margot Sunderland – Counselling Children
- CAMHS – Anxiety, Depression, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm
- Simon Says – Child Bereavement
- Asperger Syndrome Workshop
- Exploring the medical diagnosis of Gender Dysphoria and the associated issues
- 3 years volunteering for Time 2 Talk Newbury – agency for 11-25 year olds
- 2 years volunteering for Chrysalis – supporting those transitioning gender
- 1 year School Counsellor
- 1 year Couples Counsellor
- Cruse Bereavement Volunteer Counsellor
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
The initial assessment is the chance to explore what you would want from counselling and how together we could work towards that. Anything you wish to discuss will be handled with sensitivity and in confidence.
If you are unsure whether or not to continue with therapy, you are under no obligation to continue beyond the initial appointment.
£50 per 50 min session (individuals)
£60 per 50 min session (couples)
£50 per 50 minute session (telephone)
I am happy to offer a short free telephone consultation to discuss any questions you may have or if you would like further information, please get in touch via email or visit my website:
I hold full Liability and Indemnity Insurance and an enhanced DBS Certificate.
My Private Practice is based in the heart of Andover Town, with easy access by car or bus. Car parking is on-site.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|