Samantha Walton (Counsellor, Psychotherapist and NLP Practitioner)
Anxious? Stuck? Trapped? Scared? Lost? Angry?
Don't know where to start?
Building a good relationship with you is key to my approach and I trust that you have built-in potential to grow and move towards fulfilment in your life.Our relationship is the vehicle for healing, learning and change and I will journey alongside you to help you understand your world by providing a safe and confidential space.This collaborative process will enable you to understand yourself more fully and find your own inner resources which will enable you to make the changes you need to restore balance, purpose and vitality to your life.I am empowering, compassionate and insightful.
My aim is to help you make sense of the past, live in the present and have hope for the future in ways that are meaningful to you. Painful situations often have their roots in the past and I hope to assist you to uncover hidden links and understand your own patterns and responses to your experiences.This may involve looking out for areas of “stuckness” and transitions which may be destabilising for you.
Counselling is not about me giving you the solutions.Only the decisions you make will empower you.Therapy is all about you.
I use therapeutic interventions in an integrated way treating every client as an individual. For some clients I may use aspects of NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming), time line therapy and creative processes.I will also give you tools which may help your mental health day to day.
Please take a look at my website: www.sam-walton.co.uk
You can call me on: 07859 426397 or click here to send me an email.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Postgraduate Certificate in Interpersonal and counselling skills
- Introduction to Counselling skills certificate
- Practitioner of NLP (incorporating Time Line Therapy and Hypnotherapy)
- Loss and Bereavement training (Cruse)
- ASIST training (Applied suicide intervention skills)
- Bachelor of Education (Degree)
I attend regular supervision.
As well as working in private practice with adults and adolescents I am a staff and student counsellor at Craven College in Skipton. I also work for Wellspring in Harrogate, facilitating a support group for teenagers. For 6 years I have worked for NSPCC delivering safeguarding workshops in schools and training up new volunteers.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Counselling is an investment in your most priceless resource... your long term happiness.
I charge £45 per 50 minute session.
Introductory session £30.
If you would like further information about my practice or the counselling processes please telephone me on 07859 426397 in confidence. If I am unavailable at the time of your call please leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Alternatively send me a text to this number or click here to send me an email.
You can also view my profile on the Evolve Counselling and Therapy Centre website.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Unfortunately I am not taking on any new clients at the moment
Types of client