I am a BACP Registered Counsellor and Psychotherapist; with over 25 years experience of working in the field of Human relationships; working with people aged from 2 to 102 in various settings including children & adults with learning and or physical disability.
I offer counselling/psychotherapy and mindfulness to individuals. I can work with you short, mid or long term, depending on what is needed and agreed with you.
I am experienced in working with:
- Depression & Anxiety
- Emotional/Psychological/Physical & Sexual Abuse
- Loss and Bereavement
- Body & Gender issues
- Substance use/abuse/dependency issues
- Self Harm
- Personality Disorders
- Teenagers and Young Adults
- Trauma (in a Compassion Focused way, with the aim of alleviating suffering, by supporting recovery and transformation in mind & body)
I work in private practice in Worthing and at Worthing Counselling Centre, as part of a team of staff counsellors providing counselling and therapy to general public, local organisations, and contracts for local companies (EAP).
I can provide a safe, confidential, non-judgemental, accepting & creative environment in which you can feel heard, seen and understood.
In this kind of setting you may feel more able to explore thoughts, feelings and issues that feel important to you. This can support you to identify the changes you may want to make and how it is possible to move forward.
I believe that talking to a person who is impartial can support you to make autonomous decisions, and is a fundamental part of this process of change and growth.
Some of the reasons people choose to come to counselling/therapy include:
- A sense of being caught in self-defeating patterns of behaviour
- A general sense of dissatisfaction with life that they want to understand
- A desire to increase self-understanding and self-awareness
- A wish to understand and improve their relationships with others
- A need to work on specific issues/experiences (past or present) that may be affecting their quality of life
- Physical, emotional or psychological ill health that is affecting their quality of life (e.g. chronic health condition, loneliness, depression/anxiety)
- A desire to live life more creatively in order to fulfil more of their potential
- An urge for personal growth and self-development
In addition I offer professional coaching and am a Mindfulness Practitioner & Certified Mindfulness Teacher, working 1-2-1 & with couples or small groups in my private work space and in a Community Setting for larger groups. I also offer introductory courses, Silent Retreat Days and Deepening Practice courses.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma (PG) - Integrative Counselling & Therapy (2008) Northbrook College/Brighton University
- TA101 - 2007
- OCR Counselling Skills - 1998
- ACFT -Diploma in Awareness Coaching (Mindfulness Coaching) London Meditation - Accredited Member of UK Mindfulness Teacher Training organisation Network. Dec 2015
- MiSP - Mindfulness in Schools Project Certified to Teach .b Mindfulness Curriculum - Young people aged 11-18 - 2016
- Oxford Mindfulness Summer School Programme - 2016
- Centre For Mindfulness Research & Practice, Bangor University - Mindfulness Network Org
- Teacher Training Level 1 -2016 - MBSR/MBCT
- MBSR Specialist Teacher Training - 2016
- Inquiry Workshop - Mindfulness Teacher Training - 2017
- Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living foundation - 2017
- Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living - Teacher Training - 2018
- Teacher Training Level 2 - 2019 MBSR/MBCT
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Existential therapy
Individual Counselling/Psychotherapy/Mindfulness Sessions:
- Initial contact (up to 30 mins) - No charge
- Initial Consultation (1 hour) - £30
- Counselling/Psychotherapy (1 hour) - £40
- Professional Coaching (1 hour) - £55
- Professional Coaching (1.5 hours) - £75
- Mindfulness 1-2-1: (1 hour) - £30
Courses for Individuals (1-2-1):
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living course
Course duration is 8 sessions of 1 hour - £30 per session.
For couples and small groups - please contact to discuss.
- I am fully insured and engage in Professional supervision for both Counselling/Psychotherapy & Mindfulness Teaching.
- I abide by the UK Mindfulness Teacher Training Organisational Network's Good Practice Guidelines.
- I hold an Enhanced DBS certificate.
- I engage in regular CPD training and support Worthing Counselling Centre with staff wellness training.
- I attend regular personal Mindfulness Retreats.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Am, pm & evenings, possible. Please contact me to discuss availability.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|