Ronke Adeyemi - PgDip Integrative Counsellor & Psychotherapist (MBACP, MACC-Reg)
Are you feeling anxious, depressed or stuck in your personal or professional life? are you experiencing Domestic Abuse, a profound loss or a traumatic event that causes you sleeplessness? are you going through relationship, spiritual, identity or cultural issues? are you struggling with feeling of shame, guilt or looking for healing due to unresolved past hurt and disappointment? if your answer is yes, I have gone through some of these journey and I understood how it felt to be trapped and be set free. With my personal and professional experience, I am able to work successfully with clients going through different advert life events with empathy and respect. Therefore, we will collaboratively work together to gain confidence and freedom you need in order to live a happy and fulfilling life.
I value individual differences and I believe that all clients are unique; as a result, I work with client to draw on a suitable approach from my integrative model, to identify any restraining forces that could hinder their potential. This is achieved in a safe, open and confidential space in order to facilitate positive change in individual.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy, University of East London.
- Advance Post Diploma Certificate Person Centred Couples Course.
- Bachelor of Act, Psychosocial-Studies, University of East London.
- Certificate in Mindfulness Self compassion.
- Training on Working with Children, Adolescent and Young People.
- Working in Private Practice Online and Orpington
- Part of the Bereavement counsellor working in depth with grief and loss at St Christoper's Hospice, Sydenham and Orpington.
- Providing Counselling for the victim and survival of Domestic Abuse at Tamar Family Support Unit, a charity that works to relieve the need of victims and survivors of Domestic Abuse within the community.
- Volunteering Counsellor at Sarah Agnes Foundation, a charity organisation that provides emotional support for young people, adult, and elderly with the community.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
During the COVID-19 pandemic, I will continue to work remotely and offer a free 30 minute (max) initial consultation via Skype or Zoom to all potential new clients. I offer a fixed rate of £60 for individual and £75 for couples. Payments are made in advance by bank transfer.
You can contact me by phone or email to have initial discussion on how we could work together.
Concessions offered for
I offer session remotely by Skype, or Zoom for now.
You can contact me by phone or email to have initial discussion on how we could work together. I will endeavour to call you back at my earliest opportunity in case i miss your call. I look forward to hearing from you.