Richard Bird MBACP Telephone/Skype/Zoom sessions
During these unprecedented times, it's more important than ever to be mindful of our mental health and well-being. I am offering telephone, skype or zoom sessions with immediate availability, at £35 per session.
The way I work is to enable you, the client, to lead the agenda and to explore any areas that you would like to. I can offer short term or longer term work, particularly using Person-centred and Psychodynamic methods, according to your requirements. The work is, understandably, discreet and confidential.
I can offer one to one counselling as well as couples counselling.
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I abide by it's Code of Ethics. I have a current DBS and Insurance.
I hold the Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling and the Post Graduate Level 5 qualification in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (CPCAB.) I have 30 years experience of working in financial services, at Director level for major banks, in Capital markets.
Whilst I work with people from all walks of life, I have a particular interest in working with people who have long term health conditions. I work as the Well-being Counsellor for the Somerville Foundation, a national charity supporting people born with a heart condition (www.thesf.org)
Please feel free to contact me via telephone or email to discuss how we may potentially work together.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc (Hons) Social Sciences, University of Surrey.
- Level 5 CPCAB qualification in Psychotherapeutic Counselling.
- Level 4 CPCAB Diploma in Counselling.
- Wellbeing Counsellor for the Somerville Foundation (health charity.)
- 30 years experience to Director level in Financial Capital markets in the City of London.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Relationship problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Long term medical conditions
- Counselling for Carers and older people
- Couples counselling
- £35 per session for telephone/skype/zoom remote counselling.
- Fees are £50 per 50 minute session (face to face.)
- £60 per 60 minute session for couples counselling.
- £80 per 90 minute session for couples.
- I offer concessions for low income groups
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Wheelchair user access:||No|
I am offering counselling via telephone, skype and zoom with immediate availability.
- Daytime and evenings on week days
- Saturday morning
- Immediate availability.
Types of client