Happy new year for 2021. During these unprecedented times, it's more important than ever to be mindful of our mental health and well-being. I am offering counselling via telephone or zoom sessions with immediate availability. Face to face sessions will start again after lockdown.
The way I work is to enable you, the client, to lead the agenda and to explore any areas that you would like to. I can offer short term or longer term work, according to your needs and choice. The work is, understandably, discreet and confidential.
I can offer one to one counselling as well as couples counselling.
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I abide by it's Code of Ethics. I have a current DBS and Insurance.
I hold the Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling and the Post Graduate Level 5 qualification in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (CPCAB) and I am currently in training to be a Clinical Supervisor. Until 2015 I had 30 years experience of working in financial services, at Director level for major banks, including Barclays, Deutsche bank and Lehman Brothers. (See LinkedIn.)
Whilst I work with people from all walks of life, I have a particular interest in working with people who are experiencing challenges with change in their lives, whether that is due to work issues, health, or relationships.
Please feel free to contact me via telephone or email to discuss how we may potentially work together, I offer an initial, complimentary session.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc (Hons) Social Sciences, University of Surrey.
- Level 5 CPCAB qualification in Psychotherapeutic Counselling.
- Level 4 CPCAB Diploma in Counselling.
- Wellbeing Counsellor for the Somerville Foundation (health charity.)
- 30 years experience to Director level in Financial Capital markets in the City of London.
- Qualified Adult Education Trainer, teaching Counselling skills at West Herts College, Hertfordshire.
- 2021 Clinical Supervisor in training (Level 6, CPCAB.)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Long term medical conditions
- Counselling for Carers and older people
- Couples counselling
- Work and career related issues
- Relationship and marital issues
- Working with anger
Concessions offered for
- Fees are £50 per 50 minute session, either remotely or face to face.
- £60 per 60 minute session for couples counselling.
- £80 per 90 minute session for couples.
- Daytime and evenings on week days
- Saturday morning
- Immediate availability.