Richard Bird MBACP (Harpenden) for 1-1 and Couples
Are you currently experiencing anxiety or stress in your life? Are you considering making changes, but are unsure? I believe Counselling can be highly effective in enabling us to deal with personal issues that many of us encounter at times in our lives. These issues can commonly be related to anxiety and depression.
The way I work is to enable you, the client, to lead the agenda and to explore any areas that you would like to. I can offer short term or longer term work, particularly using Person-centred and Psychodynamic methods, according to your requirements. The work is, understandably, discreet and confidential.
I am based at our comfortable rooms in Harpenden town centre, Hertfordshire, which has great transport links. I can offer one to one counselling as well as couples counselling.
I have particular experience with the following clients:
- Young people aged 16-25
- Carers and Older people
- People with long term health conditions
- Working Professionals
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I abide by it's Code of Ethics. I have a current DBS and Insurance.
I hold the Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling and the Post Graduate Level 5 qualification in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (CPCAB.) I have 30 years experience of working in industry. In addition to Private Practice, I am a lecturer in Counselling Studies at West Herts College, Hertfordshire.
Please feel free to contact me via telephone or email to discuss how we may potentially work together.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc (Hons) Social Sciences, University of Surrey.
- Level 5 CPCAB qualification in Psychotherapeutic Counselling.
- Level 4 CPCAB Diploma in Counselling.
- Counsellor with The Counselling Cooperative, Harpenden.
- Lecturer in Counselling Studies at West Herts College, Hertfordshire.
I have worked with 2 charities in the role of Counsellor. One provides services to people over the age of 50, whilst the other supports vulnerable homeless young people aged 16-25.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Long term medical conditions
- Counselling for Carers and older people
- Couples counselling
- Fees are £50 per 50 minute session (one to one.)
- £60 per 60 minute session for couples counselling.
- £80 per 90 minute session for couples.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evenings during the week. Saturday morning.
Types of client