Renata Spinelly Martins, Dip. Couns., MBACP - Holistic Counselling & Healing
Hello, my name is Renata I am a professional Integrative Counsellor and Energy Healer. I help people with relationships by offering a holistic approach to therapy. This means drawing on different counselling styles to suit your needs and when appropriate combining complementary therapeutic skills too if this is something that interests you (for combination work please visit my website). I work with clients globally online offering long term or short term counselling.
Counselling and Relationships
Relationships are at the core of our human existence and everything we do; be it the relationship with ourselves, others, nature, animals or our environment. Having counselling can help to understand our ways of relating and our experiences which can sometimes leave us feeling confused, anxious, depressed, ill, powerless, stuck or heartbroken.
Most of us seek out help when we are forced to come face to face with a problem or a crisis; often this can mean acknowledging what our heart and soul truly longs for. Support during times of change or conflict can help us navigate life's transitions a little easier and help us feel more comfortable in our own skin.
Having a safe and confidential space that you can go to, where you will be treated with respect and listened to without judgement can be very supportive and empowering. This is the art of counselling and the transformative power of the therapeutic relationship.
Counselling is a process
Counselling is a commitment and an investment in yourself. Sessions take place each week at the same time and day and last 50 mins. Counselling sessions can be short-term or long-term (see details below).
Counselling can help you shine a light on certain areas of your life. In doing so this can help you to effect change.
Counselling is a process of finding and knowing yourself. It involves acknowledging the light and the dark in you. It's the process of becoming whole, of learning better ways of coping and living. It's a process becoming free and of listening to what you most deeply desire to lead a better and happier life.
Short-term or long-term counselling?
- 6 or 12 sessions
- Can help you look at how to cope better
- Solution focused therapy
- Can help with a transient or a single issue
- Open ended sessions
- Can help you understand yourself better
- For deep seated issues that require longer work such as abuse, addictions or trauma
- Can help you see how your past has informed your present day patterns
The right therapist for you
Searching for a therapist can feel like a daunting task. It's important that the counsellor you chose is someone you feel comfortable with. Please contact me to arrange an initial meeting to help you decide if I am the right counsellor for you.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Training, qualifications & experience
Level 4 Professional Diploma in Integrative Counselling
Theta Healing Practitioner Basic DNA
Theta Healing Practitioner Advanced DNA
Crystal Healing Foundation Level
BA Hons, Spanish & Portuguese (University of Bristol)
- Treating Trauma
- Crystal Healing Certificate Level (ongoing)
I bring a wealth of experience as a counsellor providing short-term and long-term therapy in different sectors:
- Parent Support Group charity in South-East London offering long-term counselling for parents and carers of young people with behavioural problems
- NHS GP Surgery in Lambeth London part of IAPT service for SLaM providing short-term evidence based counselling for common problems like depression and anxiety
- Private practice specialising in relationship issues, anger management, stress management, childhood trauma, bereavement, addiction, abuse, identity issues, abandonment, rejection, loss, guilt, self-worth issues, bullying, family issues, over giving, powerlessness, OCD, PTSD, HSP/ empaths, boundaries and spiritual awakenings
Additionally, I am an experienced group facilitator and workshop leader. I run healing meditation circles, self-care courses and crystal healing workshops.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Family issues
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Toxic relationships
- Narcissistic relationships
- People pleasing
Photos & videos
£60 per session online
Counselling sessions are 50 mins
* I have a limited number of concessionary places available for clients who chose to work with me long term and who are experiencing genuine financial difficulties
Personalised Guided Meditation (with live relaxation music)
- 10-15 mins chat to find out what you would like support with
- 10-15 mins audio recording which you can replay anytime at your convenience
My work is clinically supervised and I work under the BACP ethical framework. I am also fully insured for all my therapies. All my healing modalities can be done remotely.
Occasionally I am able to see clients in London or Kent for an initial face to face meeting, however, most future sessions would take place online.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Portuguese, Spanish|
Types of client