I offer a safe, non-judgmental and confidential space to:
- explore past and present experiences
- create or move towards a new future
- enable and facilitate individual growth
- strengthen appropriate, emotionally healthy family relationships
- encourage good mental health and emotional well-being.
Services range from psychoanalytic psychotherapy to briefer interventions, depending on what is appropriate. Your issues can begin to be explored in an initial consultation.We can then think about how best to proceed. This may include decisions about whether this is the appropriate setting for your needs.
- Brief Interventions For Parents
- Consultations to Professionals working with children
- Brief Intervention
- Couple Psychotherapy
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a qualified Child and Adolescent Psychotherapist and a Couple Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist with over 20 years’ experience of work in the NHS, Voluntary Sector and in Private Practice. I have worked in a number of different NHS settings, such as CAMHS , an in-patient child and family psychiatry unit for pre-adolescent children and a hospital paediatric liaison service. I also managed a Voluntary Sector Child and Family Consultation Service in North London for a number of years.
I currently work in Private Practice in North London seeing children, adolescents, parents and couples. I am employed as a Visiting Clinician at the Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationships (TCCR) where I do assessments and see couples in on-going long-term psychotherapy. I am a member of the MA teaching staff at TCCR and have been involved in the Parenting together and Parents in Dispute Services.
I trained at the Tavistock Clinic as a Child and Adolescent Psychotherapist and at TCCR as a Psychoanalytic Couple Psychotherapist
I am registered with the following organizations and abide by their code of ethics
▪ ACP (Association of Child Psychotherapists)
▪ TSP (Tavistock Sociey of Psychotherapists)
▪ BSCPC (British Society of Couple Psychotherapists and Counsellors)
▪ BPC (British Psychotherapy Council)
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Association of Child Psychotherapists
The ACP is the registering body for NHS trained Child and Adolescent Psychotherapists. ACP members undergo a minimum 6 year training; two years at Masters level then 4 years full-time clinical in the NHS qualifying in a Doctorate Level course. Full members are able to work with neonates, mothers & babies, parents & toddlers, primary school age children & adolescents. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
British Psychoanalytic Council
The British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) is a professional association, representing the profession of psychoanalytic psychotherapy.
The organisation is itself made up of fourteen member organisations and BPC accredits the trainings of its member organisations. An individual who qualifies from one of these trainings is then eligible for entry into the BPC's register.
BPC registrants are governed by a code of ethics, a policy of continuing professional development, a statement on confidentiality and a complaints procedure. The BPC is a Member Society of the European Federation for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy in the Public Sector (EFPP). Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
For Children, Adolescents and Parents
▪ Consultations: £80 per session during the initial consultation period, comprising up to 5 appointments
▪ On-going Work: £65 per session, as part of ongoing work. Missed or cancelled sessions are chargeable unless it is possible to find an alternative time.
▪ All fees are negotiable
▪ Consultations: £90 for sessions during the initial consultation period, comprising up to 3 appointments
▪ On-going Work: £80 per session, as part of ongoing work. Missed or cancelled sessions are chargeable unless it is possible to find an alternative time.
All fees are negotiable