Owen Newman BA (Hons) Cert, Dip, Adv Dip, Adv Int Dip, MNCS Accred
07956 283 702
I am an integrative cognitive behavioural counsellor and psychotherapist experienced at helping to overcome problems causing stress, anxiety, depression, frustration and unwanted habits or tendencies.
I know that deciding to see a therapist can be difficult so please do contact me if you have any questions or concerns. All conversations are confidential.
As an integrative CBT therapist, I draw on a wide range of approaches that we can adapt to your specific needs and preferences. CBT is an evidence based therapy, meaning that its effectiveness has been researched and tested over many decades.
What to expect:
- You will have the space to work through thoughts and feelings in a friendly, supportive and confidential environment with acceptance and without judgement.
- Sessions will have a clear focus and direction so that you understand what we are doing to help you move forward in positive ways.
- We will put into place a practical plan for you to make positive changes and remain resilient when things get difficult.
I am based at clinics in Finchley Road NW3, near West Hampstead and Finchley Road underground, overground and rail stations, and in South Molton Street W1, near Bond Street underground station. I also work with many clients via Skype or phone - a convenient and effective alternative.
Training, qualifications & experience
As an integrative CBT therapist, the therapeutic approaches I use include Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy (REBT), Cognitive Therapy (CT), Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
I am an accredited member of the National Counselling Society and I am CRB/DBS certified. I trained at King's College London University and at The College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapies London. I hold an honours degree in Philosophy, a Certificate in Counselling and three postgraduate diplomas in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: Diploma in CBT, Advanced Diploma in Integrative CBT, Advanced Diploma in CBT/REBT with Distinction.
In addition to my private practice, I am a registered therapist for a national charity supporting people experiencing anxiety and depression.
Issues I can help with include:
- Managing stress better.
- Overcoming anxiety related issues such as chronic worry, insomnia, panic attacks, performance or public speaking anxiety, social anxiety, general anxiety disorder and phobias including agoraphobia.
- Talking through feelings of sadness or emptiness. Finding a way out of low moods or depression.
- Dealing with conflict better. Managing anger and frustration better or being more assertive.
- Improving confidence, self-esteem or self-image.
- Coping better with social situations. Making better connections.
- Stopping unwanted cycles of thinking and behaviour such as obsessive or compulsive tendencies, like OCD, or issues around food and eating, like bingeing, or addictive tendencies.
- Adjusting to a loss, for example, a bereavement, divorce or separation, or redundancy.
- Working through unresolved issues from the past.
- Coming to terms with a traumatic experience.
- Coping better with ill health or physical issues and limitations.
- Working through issues concerning sex or intimacy.
- Working through problems in relationships, family life or at work.
- Feeling less stuck and finding more sense of purpose in life.
- Overcoming procrastination and feeling more motivated!
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Clinic in Finchley Road NW3: £50
Clinic in South Molton Street W1: £65
Skype/phone therapy: £50 per session or book 2 sessions for £70
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day and evening appointments Monday to Saturday in NW3, W1 and via Skype/phone.
Types of client