Owen Newman BA (Hons) Cert, Dip, Adv Dip, Adv Int Dip, MNCS Accred
07956 283 702
I am an integrative cognitive behavioural counsellor and psychotherapist experienced at helping to overcome problems causing stress, anxiety, depression, frustration and unwanted habits or tendencies.
I know that deciding to see a therapist can be difficult so please do contact me if you have any questions or concerns. All conversations are confidential.
As an integrative CBT therapist, I draw on a wide range of approaches that we can adapt to your specific needs and preferences. CBT is an evidence based therapy, meaning that its effectiveness has been researched and tested over many decades.
What to expect:
- You will have the space to work through thoughts and feelings in a friendly, supportive and confidential environment with acceptance and without judgement.
- Sessions will have a clear focus and direction so that you understand what we are doing to help you move forward in positive ways.
- We will put into place a practical plan for you to make positive changes and remain resilient when things get difficult.
I am based at clinics in Finchley Road NW3, near West Hampstead and Finchley Road underground, overground and rail stations, and in South Molton Street W1, near Bond Street underground station. I also work with many clients via Skype or phone - a convenient and effective alternative.
Training, qualifications & experience
As an integrative CBT therapist, the therapeutic approaches I use include Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy (REBT), Cognitive Therapy (CT), Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
I am an accredited member of the National Counselling Society and I am CRB/DBS certified. I trained at King's College London University and at The College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapies London. I hold an honours degree in Philosophy, a Certificate in Counselling and three postgraduate diplomas in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: Diploma in CBT, Advanced Diploma in Integrative CBT, Advanced Diploma in CBT/REBT with Distinction.
In addition to my private practice, I work as a therapist for a national charity supporting people experiencing anxiety and depression.
Issues I can help with include:
- Anxiety and stress related issues including chronic worry, insomnia, panic attacks, performance anxiety, social anxiety, health anxiety, OCD and phobias including agoraphobia.
- Low mood and depression including feelings of loss, failure, hopelessness, helplessness, loneliness or emptiness and excessive ruminating about the past.
- Frustration including managing feelings of anger, dealing with conflicts, how to deal with being badly treated or how to be more assertive.
- Unwanted cycles of thinking and behaviour such as obsessive or compulsive tendencies, issues around food and eating, like bingeing, or addictive tendencies.
- Difficulties in relationships including issues concerning sex or intimacy.
- Difficulties in family life or work relationships.
- Struggling with self-confidence, self-esteem or self-image.
- Adjusting to difficult changes in circumstances including relationship break ups, job loss or bereavement.
- Dealing with a traumatic experience.
- Coping with ill health or physical issues and limitations.
- Procrastination, lack of purpose or lack of motivation.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Clinic in Finchley Road NW3: £50
Clinic in South Molton Street W1: £65
Skype/phone therapy: £50 per session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day and evening appointments, weekdays and weekends in NW3, W1 and via Skype/phone.
Types of client