Owen Newman MNCS Accred
07956 283 702
Stressed? Anxious? Depressed? Feeling stuck? It doesn't have to be that way. I'm an experienced, accredited counsellor specialising in cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT).
If there is something about yourself, your relationships or your circumstances that you're struggling with, I can help you:
* Learn very effective methods and techniques to get past negative cycles of thinking, feeling and behaviour.
* Navigate difficulties with other people in your personal, family or working relationships.
* Keep a healthy perspective in challenging situations.
* Bounce back, feel better and stay better.
Counselling is about changing things for the better and that doesn't have to be a struggle.
If you would like more information, I will be happy to talk to you or correspond with you in detail about counselling and how I can help you before you decide to book a session.
Contact me for a free confidential telephone or Skype consultation on 07956 283 702 or email me at email@example.com.
Training, qualifications & experience
I work with adults across a range of issues including:
* Work related stress, trouble sleeping, chronic worry, panic attacks, performance anxiety, social anxiety, health anxiety, OCD and phobias including agoraphobia.
* Low mood and depression including feelings of loss, failure, hopelessness, helplessness, loneliness or emptiness and excessive ruminating about the past.
* Frustration including managing feelings of anger, dealing with conflicts, how to deal with being badly treated or how to be more assertive.
* Unwanted cycles of thinking and behaviour including procrastination, obsessive or compulsive tendencies, bingeing and addictive tendencies.
* Difficulties in relationships or in family life.
* Struggling with self-confidence, self-esteem or self-image.
My way of working draws on a range therapeutic approaches within the tradition of cognitive behavioural counselling and psychotherapy (or CBT) including Rational Emotive Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (RECBT), Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (MBCBT), Cognitive Therapy (CT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
I trained at King's College London University and at The College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapies London. I hold an honours degree in Philosophy, a Certificate in Counselling and three postgraduate diplomas in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: Diploma in CBT, Advanced Diploma in Integrative CBT, Advanced Diploma in RECBT with Distinction.
I am an accredited member of the National Counselling Society and I am CRB/DBS certified.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Clinic in Finchley Road NW3: £50 per session.
Skype/phone therapy: £50 per session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays, evenings and weekends.
Types of client