Nikita Maru, BSc, MSc, MBACP
Young woman of mixed ethnicity, BACP registered (MBACP), also currently training to be a doctor in Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy (DCPsych).
Having worked in numerous psychological fields, I am well equipped with the knowledge of a variety of difficulties that are present in today's society.
I offer long term and short term work to all ages and genders. I have worked in the NHS CAMHS setting, offering one-to-one support to children and adolescents, as well as NHS adult settings.
I am trained in the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule and ADI-R, which are the assessments used to diagnose those with possible autism.
I work from 2 clinics in Kent, Gravesend (DA12) & Wilmington (Dartford, DA2).
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc - Psychology
- MSc - Mental health & psychological therapies
- DCPsych - Doctorate in Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy (in final year)
- CBT with MIND mental health service
- WDP - working with addictions
- Place2Be - One-to-one work with children and adolescents
- SLAM NHS in-patient unit work
- The Awareness Centre - IAPT NHS - one-to-one work
- CAMHS EWMHS - one-to-one work with children and adolescents
- CAMHS - one-to-one work with children and adolescents
- Faversham Counselling Service - IAPT NHS - one-to-one work
- Think Forward Health - one-to-one work
- Member of BPS
- Member of BACP (MBACP)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
50 minutes - £50
50 minutes - £70
TELEPHONE COUNSELLING FEES
40 minutes - £50
Kent - DA2 (Wilmington, Dartford), BR8 (Swanley), DA12 (Gravesend)
London - W1K (Mayfair)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesday (GRAVESEND ONLY), Wednesday (DARTFORD ONLY)
Types of client
Supervision & training
Working as an existential therapist, I deliver supervision using the same method.