Nick Bacon - Psychodynamic Counsellor MBACP
I am a fully qualified, experienced, registered psychodynamic counsellor and founder of Chelmsford Talking Therapy.
I offer confidential and therapeutic services for individuals who are struggling with a wide range of difficulties. These include - but are not limited to:
- the suffering of acute anxiety
- panic attacks
- eating disorders
- anger problems
- and difficulties relating to trauma/PTSD.
I also have extensive experience of supporting individuals who are struggling with work-related stress, both on a private basis and via Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP’s). I work with people both on a long and short-term or time-limited basis.
With over fours years' worth of experience providing both individual counselling and family therapy, I provide a safe, non-judgemental space for individuals to explore their feelings and gain a greater understanding of different aspects of their lives both in the present and in the past.
It is my belief that having a strong sense of our true selves and our identity plays a large part in determining the quality of our mental health. I also believe that every one of us is different; I value individuality and approach every person who works with me, with that in mind.
Alongside psychodynamic counselling, I also specialise in Brief Solution Focused work which can be particularly beneficial in working towards rebuilding family relationships.
Who can I help?
My work is not limited to adults, I also have significant experience of working with children and young people/adolescents, families and couples. I also have experience in facilitating group workshops for children, young people and adults.
I am passionate that everyone should be able to access appropriate, professional counselling and mental health support that is right for them. In the event that you feel unable to afford the ongoing cost of counselling, I am happy to explore other options, including subsidised sessions (subject to status), which may make therapy more accessible to you.
Getting in touch...
If you have any questions about counselling or would like to book an appointment to see me, then I would like to welcome you to get in touch today. You can either call or text me on 07875 263479 or 07471 129421 or you can click here to send me an email.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Counselling Skills
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling
- Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) (reg. no. 228318)
Continuing Professional Development (CPD):
I undertake regular training to ensure my practice remains safe, current and evidence based. Recent examples include:
- Child and Adolescent Sexual Health Awareness
- Working with Dreams
- Attachment Theory and Relationships
- Working with Young People and Gangs
- Restorative Justice
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Awareness
- Working with Homeless Young People
- Working with Suicidal Ideation
- Child Protection
- Professional Indemnity Insurance provided by Towergate Insurance
Regular supervision of practice in line with BACP Ethical Framework with an accredited Counselling Supervisor
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Face to face counselling:
- Individuals: 90 minute initial assessment is £55.00, thereafter each 50 minute session in £45.00
- Families: 90 minute initial assessment is 60.00, thereafter each 50 minute session is charged at £55.00
- Concessional (subsidised sessions): Chelmsford Talking Therapy offer a small number of sessions on a subsidised basis at £30 per 50 minute session, subject to individual circumstance. Please contact us for more details.
- The fee for the 90 minute initial assessment is £35.00
- Thereafter each 50 minute session is charged at £30.00
Home visits may be available with fees dependent on circumstance and location. Please contact me for further guidance and to discuss your particular needs.
Our confidential, private counselling rooms are located in Moulsham Street, Chelmsford (15 minute walk from the bus/train station).
To ensure accessibility for all we also offer home visits, Skype and telephone counselling subject to personal circumstances.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Ground floor counselling rooms are available. Please contact me with your specific access requirements.
Available early weekday mornings / evenings and all day Wednesday
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|