Counselling and Coaching in Wigston, Leicester
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
My approach is fundamentally 'insight-oriented' and is grounded in relational depth. This compassionate, attuned space helps you understand what you think, feel and do and why. Insight-oriented therapy is one of the oldest forms of psychotherapy and is intended to help you better understand yourself and your life through 'connecting the dots'. This leads to greater self-knowledge, self-compassion and freedom to make better choices. Relational depth happens when people meet at a very deep level. We feel totally tuned in and we experience true connection. It is a sense of safety, engagement and deep togetherness. Relational depth brings us back into the heart of what is most meaningful for us.
I have a special interest in Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria (RSD is a feature of ADHD), and the spiritual path (including non-duality).
Do you need a friendly and safe space where you will feel heard and accepted?
Are you feeling unhappy, rejected, unheard, abandoned, insecure, guilty, angry, stuck, defensive, inferior, or fearful? In despair about your upbringing? Unsure about your future? Do you want to feel at home in your skin?
Based in Leicester (Wigston), I offer a safe, nurturing space in which you may find your authentic voice and truth, end your inner-conflict and resistance, and meet new possibilities. You will begin to relate to your experience in a new way, with friendliness, inclusivity and understanding. This supportive therapeutic relationship will help you identify, process, explore and work through what is holding you back from feeling content, fulfilled, safe, and connected.
Things don’t always go the way we would like. Relationships change or break down. We lose people precious to us. We disconnect from ourselves and those around us. Things can seem scary or make us feel sad. Sometimes it all seems too much or hopeless. We carry in our bodies memories and traumas which affect our adult life. It’s hard to move on and let go.
With reflection and mindfulness inquiry, we will explore your present experience and identify what’s stopping you from living your truth.
Friendly, warm and down-to-earth, I'm a fully qualified Counsellor, Life Coach, Practitioner of NLP and Neurological Re-patterning. I have 16 years' experience of working in mental health settings.
My most recent non-duality book is called 'Living the Life That You Are', which explores loneliness and existential anxiety.
"What a liberation to realize that the voice in my head is not who I am. Who am I then?" - Eckhart Tolle
"...you feel separated from your true Self, and you are trying to become reunited..." - Nisargadatta Maharaj
"...who you really are – can never be lost, precisely because it’s there even when you feel lost. Consciousness is never lost." - Jeff Foster
No matter what you are struggling with, I'm here to hold space for you. I will meet you where you are and help you “join the dots” and support you in making sense of your thoughts, feelings, somatic responses and actions.
The name of my website, 'Nisarga' is a Sanskrit word meaning 'to let flow uninterrupted'. It points to the natural flow of life's expressions and how the limited sense of 'me' (the ego) often tries to resist particular expressions and cling to others. In spirituality, with practices like yoga, meditation, self-enquiry and psychospiritual therapy, we cultivate greater harmony, nurturance and balance with our inner and outer life. This clarifies our perception and ends the tension and pressure that has built up in our bodies over many years.
I have familial and professional knowledge of autism, ADHD, learning difficulties, attachment difficulties, sensory processing disorder and looked after children.
As well as certain psychological and spiritual approaches such as somatic and embodiment self-inquiry and meditation, my work is influenced by nonduality and spiritual teachers such as Eckhart Tolle, Rupert Spira, Nisargadatta Maharaj, Mooji, Ramana Maharshi, Adyashanti, Byron Katie, Gail Brenner, Loch Kelly, and Jeff Foster, Matt Licata and Gabor Maté.
Training, qualifications & experience
Fully qualified Counsellor, Life Coach, Practitioner of NLP and Neurological Re-patterning
– Level 4 Higher National Diploma in the Theory and Practice of Counselling
– Level 3 Certificate In Counselling Skills
– Foundation Course in Groupwork (Group Analysis / Group Analytic Psychotherapy)
– Results Life Coach
– Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
– Neurological Re-patterning
– Ericksonian Hypnosis
- Spiritual Psychology (module 1 / 2) with Georgi Y Johnson
– Individual Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
– Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy Spirtuality
– Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy Private Practice
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Professional support with:
- Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria (RSD is a feature of ADHD)
- Locating and integrating energetic, emotional and/or physical blockages
- Realising limiting beliefs and false identities
- Finding freedom from compulsions/addictions
- Make peace with your past and present
- Attending to unhealed wounds/trauma
- Freedom from the suffering of anxiety/stress, depression, loss
- Contact directly your true nature (true Self, higher Self)
- Integrating and making sense of nondual realisations, spiritual insights and awakening
- Learning how to meditate and inquire to explore and dismantle limitation and falsity
- Using somatic, energy and embodiment approaches to locate and embody awareness in the body
- Being mindful to avoid ‘spiritually bypassing’
- Identify, process and heal blockages of suffering and trauma (including intergenerational pain and narratives)
- Moving beyond old, conditioned attempts to control or perfect your life
Integrate any abandoned, neglected or rejected part
- Counselling for childhood abuse
- Therapy for trauma
- Nonduality (Advaita)
- Meditation and spiritual practice
- Enlightenment / spiritual awakening
- Counselling for Health anxiety
- Counselling for depression
- Counselling for anxiety
- Counselling for loss
- Counselling for stress
- Counselling for anger
- Counselling for relationships
£70.00 per session
When I work