Natalie Hughes. Dip.Couns. MBACP
Struggling to make sense of things or finding it difficult to cope?
Counselling can help you come to terms with things, and make real changes in your life.
I provide a warm, supportive safe space which is non-judgmental and confidential.
Before our initial session I offer a free telephone chat where we can talk and decide whether I am the right counsellor for you.
Whether your reasons for seeking counselling stem from past traumas or current struggles I would love to help you imagine a greater possibility for yourself, and then support you in achieving that possibility.
My sense is that when we feel overwhelmed, we often cannot see the solutions that are within our grasp and thus we remain stuck. I also firmly believe that many of life’s problems can be alleviated by sharing them with someone who is trained to listen
I am a big believer in going at a pace that is comfortable for you. Giant leaps all begin with gentle steps.
I know that coming to Counselling can seem daunting but I like to consider myself to be a very approachable person and hope we can work together to allow you to attain your goals.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am an integrative Counsellor, which means I combine different approaches in therapy so that it can be tailored to your particular needs.
A member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP). I fully subscribe and adhere to the BACP Ethical Framework providing a high standard of professional care.
I have a Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling and have completed further supplementary training to include Bereavement and Loss, Domestic and Sexual abuse,, Addiction and Substance misuse, Equine therapy, Art therapy, CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy), (DID) Dissociative Identity Disorder.
- Registered individual member of the BACP
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Bereavement and Loss Training (Douglas Macmillan Hospice)
- Understanding Dissociation & Complex Dissociation Disorders
- Advance Certificate in Life Coaching (Chrysalis)
- Art Therapy Diploma
- Relationship Counselling Diploma (Accredited by CTAA)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Practitioner Certificate
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) Certificate
- Mindfulness and Mindfulness Meditation Certificate
- Reiki Practitioner and Master.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Arts therapies
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- £40 Individual Counselling
- £50 for Couple Counselling
- £20 for Trainee Counsellors
- EAP work undertaken - please contact me to discuss fee.
I offer face to face, telephone and video counselling.
Sessions last for a therapeutic hour of 50 minutes.
The first appointment is 10am and the last is 9pm
I have a limited number of weekend appointments available upon request.
I am Shropshire based using therapy rooms in Newport and Shrewsbury.
If your needs are urgent or you feel you are in crisis please consider the following options:
Mental Health Access Team: 24 hr, 03001230907 press option 1.
Mental Health Helpline: Open 7pm/2am weekdays, 2pm/2am weekends/Bank Hol. Tel: 08088002234.
Samaritans: 24hrs, call free on 116123
Sane: 6pm/11pm Tel:08457678000.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Sessions are currently available Monday to Saturday inclusive.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|