26 Sherwood Road
My name is Natalie Hadlow-Wood and I am a qualified UKCP registered psychoanalytic psychotherapist based in Birchington, Kent. I offer psychotherapy to individuals from all walks of life, with the aim of enhancing well-being.
My practice in Birchington is easy to access from surrounding areas such as Herne Bay, Whitstable, Canterbury, Margate, Broadstairs and Ramsgate as well as further afield.
The process of choosing a therapist can be a daunting one and it is so important to feel comfortable with the person you will be working with. Therefore, if you are new to the whole therapeutic experience or would like to know more about anything you've seen here, please feel free to contact me and I will be more than happy to chat.
Psychotherapy is a talking therapy where an individual meets with a therapist regularly in a safe and non-judgemental environment with the aim of enhancing well-being and relieving distress. People may chose to access therapy for a whole range of reasons:
- Recurring difficulties
- Life events (such as death, divorce, health issues and others)
- Relationship problems
- To change
- To be listened to
- To learn more about one's self
What is spoken about in therapy is guided by you and may include talking about current difficulties, issues from your past, emotions and feelings, thoughts and so on. The work can be open-ended or to an agreed length of time and we can sit face to face or use the therapeutic couch at your request.
Training, qualifications & experience
I qualified as a psychoanalytic psychotherapist at the University of Kent and I am a member of the UKCP (http://www.psychotherapy.org.uk), adhering to the ethics and code of conduct with full insurance and CRB checks in place.
I have work experience in the NHS and private organisations. I have helped people from all walks of life to address a range of emotional, psychological and behavioural issues and have more in depth experience in the fields of acute adult in-patient mental health, drug and alcohol misuse, domestic abuse and working with children as a play therapist.
- MClinSci Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- PGDip Psychotherapy Studies
- BSc 1st Class Hons Psychology with Clinical Psychology
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
I offer the initial meeting/assessment free of charge.
Subsequent therapy sessions last 50 minutes and cost £45 each.
Daytime and evening appointments can be arranged (depending on availability). For more information please contact me.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|