I offer a confidential, professional and friendly experience, with the aim of successfully achieving relief, happiness and management of severe difficulties. My work is from private and secure rooms in Bedford, which also offer good Disability Access and Facilities.
Many personal decisions are made and problems solved though discussion with friends or family. However, there are times when it is right to seek help away from the familiar daily environment. Seeking Counselling is about making a positive choice to get the help that you need. Counselling can help with most personal, relationship or identity issues. These can include:
- family and relationship difficulties
- historical sexual abuse
- work related issues
- divorce and separation
- personal growth
- anxiety, stress and depression
- coping with illness or disability
Each client is offered a full assessment prior to engaging in therapeutic work.
As an accredited member of both BACP and UKCP I work in accordance with their ethical framework.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Professional Studies in Psychodynamic Counselling with Uni of Herts and wpf
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy Accredited Practitioner (IAPT Services)
- UKCP Registration - 026062
- MBACP Accredited - 589605
Other subsequent training in........
- 'Working with Personality Disorders'
- 'Counselling Children and Adolescents'
- 'Drug, Solvent & Alcohol Abuse Counselling'
- 'Understanding Abuse & Trauma'
- 'Time, Stress and Crisis Management Skills'
I have years of experience working privately and within NHS as a GP Practice Counsellor.
Full assessment is taken prior to work
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Historic sexual abuse
- Injury or illness
- Disability and discrimination
£45 per 45min session
Appointments are near the centre of Bedford, with parking on site, disabled facilities and a lift.
I am an Accredited member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and abide by the BACP code of Ethics and Principles.
I have an Enhanced DBS check and am covered by full professional indemnity insurance.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client