- Individual counselling and psychotherapy for adults and young people.
- Short term goal focussed and longer term open ended therapy.
- Special interest and experience in working with issues relating to culture, identity, mixed heritage, migration, loss, ethnicity and belonging, racism, intergenerational transmission of trauma.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Social Work Practice Education
- MA and Diploma in Social Work
I have extensive experience in women’s and young people’s issues such as depression, anxiety, lack of self confidence, body image and eating problems, sexuality, sexual abuse, self harm, substance misuse, pregnancy, motherhood, adoption, fostering.
In addition to working with people seeking personal development, I have experience in working with people in extreme distress, with people who have a diagnosis of personality disorder, and those with psychiatric problems such as psychosis.
I am particularly interested in working with cultural diversity and issues to do with race, ethnicity, mixed heritage, belonging and identity.
I have approaching thirty years experience of social work with adults, children, young people and families, in a variety of settings. This has included individual and group work.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £45.00 to £65.00
Concessions offered for
I offer a sliding scale with fees negotiable according to income (usually £40 to £65 per session).
- UKCP Registered
- HCPC Registered
- Member of the Philadelphia Association
- Member of the Society of Existential Analysis
- Member of Psychotherapy Sussex
- Member of the British Association of Social Workers