“Listening is often the only thing needed to help someone”
Perhaps you are visiting this website with a hope to find someone who could listen to you effectively and in the way that you will feel heard, listened and respected.
I truly believe that one of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another person has to say with the attention to that person's feelings, thoughts and life experiences. Perhaps you have struggled in the past or you are struggling with at the moment, maybe you feel you haven’t been able to live your life as you would have liked, free of judgement and accepted for who you are?
I am aware that beginning your therapy journey could be a daunting process and you may have apprehension about being able to choose someone who you will be able to trust and share your thoughts, feelings and life challenges. In addition you might be looking for someone who will be by your side to enable you to feel comfortable exploring your life journey in a non- judgemental and safe environment and supporting you to look at any aspects of your life or self which may be preventing you to find your full potential and happiness?
“Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations”
Throughout my professional experience I noticed the importance of the relational aspect of therapy and I believe that every person is unique within their experiences so as an integrative counsellor I am able to tailor the therapy to your needs with a variety of psychological theories.
I can support you and help you to explore the life challenges you are struggling with, my sole aim is to empower you to make positive changes in your life by using therapeutic skills and theories to create the changes into your life that you desire.
How I work.
I am passionate about what I do and feel strongly that although therapy can be emotionally challenging at times, it can also be inspiring and a life changing experience.
I am able to offer an initial 30 min telephone consultation free of charge and in this session we will explore:
- What brings you to therapy?
- Have you had any past experience of counselling or psychotherapy, and if so, how did you find it?
- What is it you want to get out of the experience?
We can decide whether we can work together on a short or long term basis depending on your preference, but most importantly, this session will allow you to get the sense of whether I would be the right therapist for you and also able to get a feel how I work, prior to making any financial commitment.
I would then offer you a regular, weekly session of 50 minutes.
I really hope my profile has encouraged you to begin your therapy journey and I very much look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling & Psychotherapy
I incorporate a variety of theories into my counselling work these include; Transactional Analysis (TA), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Emotional Focus Therapy, Mindfullness and also creative work.
- EATA Transactional Analysis TA 101 Certificate
- Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills at Peter Symonds Collage Adult & Higher Education 2017
- BACP online and telephone course/coronavirus primer
- Online Therapy Institute "Moving your practice online"
- CPD workshops "Working with complex grief" "Working creatively with timelines from psychodynamic & trauma perspective" "Working with trauma" "Polyvagal theory and Transactional Analysis (TA)"
- CPD Certificate "Training for Bereavement Counselling - The nature of Grief"
- 2019 –present volunteering as a Counsellor in various charitable organisations.
- Continuous professional development in psychological areas
- I am a member of The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and adhere to this Ethical Framework.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£50.00 per session
Free initial telephone session
£50.00 per session
Free initial 20min telephone consultation.