Mary Watkins (BACP Reg, MNCS Accred)
Life can be so busy that sometimes without realising, we can become overwhelmed and lost.
No one ever feels like they should have to ask for help, but life isn't always easy and there are times when we need someone to hear us. I can help you explore what's going on in your life and together we can find a new perspective.
If you'd like to know more, please feel free to ring or message me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- I am currently a counsellor for Mind and New Pathways (an agency providing specialist counselling and advocacy services for women, men, children and young people who have been affected by rape or sexual abuse.)
- Cruse Bereavement Care
- I have personal experience of Health Anxiety and Generalised Anxiety Disorder and know that counselling can be of great benefit with these difficulties.
- I have full DBS (CRB) check and hold current Public Liability & Professional Indemnity Insurance.
- As a counsellor I understand the importance of continuous professional development (CPD). I attend courses and research topics, I feel will increase my experience and knowledge in helping clients realise their potential.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
I will be booking face to face clients from September.