Mary Chubb BA (Hons) MBACP (Accred) Individuals and Couples
Asking for help can be hard and it takes courage to decide that you are ready to do something about how you are feeling or what is happening in your life. I am experienced in helping clients with a wide range of issues, including anxiety, depression, illness, bereavement, relationship problems and work related stress.
It may be you are going through a difficult time with a particular life experience or that thoughts or emotions you have struggled with for a long time have become too much to carry alone. Sometimes feelings can be complicated and confusing. You may fee unsure about what you are feeling, what you think you should be feeling and how to find a way to make sense of it all.
There are many reasons why it can be difficult to open up to friends or family. Perhaps you worry about burdening them or that they won't understand. I would like to offer you the opportunity to talk about what is troubling you with someone who is not involved in your world, does not know your family or friends, and has no expectations of you. I aim to provide a safe and confidential space where you may speak openly, without fear of judgement, and be accepted just as you are.
Together we can make sense of what is happening for you and look at what beliefs or behaviours might not be helpful for you anymore and how you can work towards the changes you would like to see.
Being in a relationship isn’t always easy. It’s only in fairy tales or movies that couples sail off happily into the sunset with never a cross word between them. In reality relationships are challenging and couples can drift into patterns of behaving and relating to each other that damage the intimacy and connection between them.
It can be difficult to see what is happening from inside the relationship. Perhaps attempts to discuss or explain always lead to the same dead end or conversations that start about something small quickly become emotionally charged and upsetting.
At times like this it Is helpful to have somewhere you can come to talk together about your feelings, what is happening and what you would like to happen with someone who doesn’t know you, your friends or families.
Working together, we can identify the blocks in your relationship and find healthier ways of communicating.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I hold a BA (Hons) degree in Integrative Relational Counselling
- I am an accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. (BACP accreditation is a quality standard awarded to experienced counsellors and psychotherapists who have demonstrated the highest standard of competence)
- As an integrative relational counsellor I use a combination of therapeutic theories to support my work. I have experience of working with a wide range of issues including anxiety; depression; abuse; bereavement; relationship difficulties; work related stress; alcohol related issues and I have a knowledge and understanding of 12-step programmes.
- For several years, I worked in an NHS surgery seeing clients referred by their GP due to the impact of some of the difficulties mentioned above.
- From 2012 - 2017 I provided workplace counselling to employees of the Royal Borough of Kingston.
- Alongside my private practice working with individuals and couples , I am an affiliate counsellor with MB Therapy in Clapham.
I am committed to continuous professional development and have regular supervision with a senior practitioner.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have an understanding of 12 step recovery programmes.
Individual sessions £55 (50 minutes)
Couples sessions £75 (50 minutes)
Individual sessions £50 (50 minutes)
Couples sessions £70 (50 minutes)
I appreciate that making the decision to see a counsellor and choosing one you feel comfortable with is a big step so I would be happy for you to contact me without commitment if you are considering counselling. I aim to reply to telephone messages on the same day and email enquiries within 24 hours. There would be no charge for a chat on the phone or a short email.
I also see clients from my practice room in Worcester Park KT4 7EW and there is disabled access at this location.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am able to offer appointments to clients with a limited mobility from a room in Worcester Park (a short distance from Surbiton) which offers disabled access.
Types of client