MNCS (Accred), RMHS, BEd (Hons)
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Hi and thanks for visiting my webpage.
I provide counselling and psychotherapy for adults.
Short-term (4-10 sessions), medium term (3-6 months) and more open-ended therapy can all be provided. Medium-term and long-term work is regularly reviewed in 1-2 month blocks in order to maintain pace and moving through a process of inner and outer change.
I also offer supervision to counsellors and psychotherapists.
What might I expect from counselling and psychotherapy?
The purpose of counselling is to work towards becoming more happy. It is a process of self-reflection and self-change. I offer enquirers an opportunity to develop their self-awareness and knowledge about themselves in order to find new ways of being. In the initial part of the process we explore what it is you want to change so you can break out of old patterns. The therapeutic relationship is the key to developing that self-awareness and finding new ways of being.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have been working privately since 2014 as a counsellor. I have 24 years of experience working with young people and adults. I also have experience of working with survivors of rape and sexual abuse in a centre in Wiltshire where I had further training in trauma recovery.
Anxiety, and conditions like SAD (seasonal affective disorder), bipolar, panic attacks and depression are the most common issues for people coming for counselling and so the most common issue therapists work with and specialise in. What makes people's anxiety different are the causes of that anxiety.
- Tutor at Chrysalis Courses, UK, training students on the Diplomas for Hypnotherapy, Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Working in Private Practice for over eight years
- Worked in a Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre, Wiltshire, UK
- Worked in Further Education and Primary Education for 25 years
Training and Qualifications:
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Informed by Research) Level 6 - Current
- Childhood Trauma, the Brain and Neuroscience, PESI, UK
- Working with Young People Certificate (11-18), Bournemouth, UK
- Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling, Southampton, UK. Level 5
- Working with Sexual Trauma, Wiltshire, UK
- Advanced Diploma of Counselling and Psychotherapy, Southampton, UK. Level 5
- Diploma of Psychotherapeutic Counselling, Hampshire, UK. Level 4
- Diploma of Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills, Hampshire, UK. Level 3
- Certified Matrix Reimprinting Practitioner, Birmingham, UK
- Certified Emotional Freedom Technique Practitioner, Dorset, UK
- Diploma of Anatomy, Physiology and Therapeutic Massage, Harrow, UK
- Bachelor of Education (Primary), University of Winchester, UK
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society (NCS)
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £30.00 to £80.00
Free initial telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
Online/Phone (Unwaged/Universal Credit): £30 per session for counselling only
Online/Phone (Standard): £40 per session for counselling and £60 for hypnotherapy (including soundfile or CD)
In-person: £60 per session in Stockbridge, Hampshire for counselling and £80 for hypnotherapy (including soundfile or CD)
I also provide concessions for training counsellors who require their own personal therapy as part of their training but can only offer these concessions on online counselling.