Martin Fisher MBACP, MBPsS, MSc, MA (Cantab)
Barrister turned therapist, my approach to therapy is humanistic, person-centred and integrative.
Internationalist by nature, I was born in Newcastle upon Tyne and have family connections to Sweden, Ireland, Turkey and Pakistan and have worked abroad in Malaysia and Sudan. Now based in Camden, I have lived previously in Islington, Cambridgeshire, Sussex, Kent, Essex and Northumberland.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Certificate in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy (Metanoia Institute, 2016)
- MSc Psychology (Regents University London, 2015)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Addiction Psychology & Counselling (London South Bank University, 2014)
- Bar School (Inns of Court School of Law, 2000).
I graduated from the University of Cambridge in 1998 (BA Law, Gonville & Caius College).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Relationship problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Professional memberships include: Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society (2015), Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (2014), a member of the General Council of the Bar (2000) and the Honourable Society of Gray's Inn (1998).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Availability: Mondays to Saturdays
Types of client