Mariana Hernandez MSc, BA hons, Dip HE
I'm trained as an Integrative Counsellor and Psychotherapist, which means that I integrate different theoretical approaches, including mainly person centred and psychodynamic approaches. In practice this means that I focus on what is relevant in the here and now (person-centred) whilst also looking at how family relationships and early life experiences impact and influence the present issue (psychodynamic). Although, this is my main approach I’ve been trained in a wide range of different theoretical frameworks such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Mentalization Based Treatment (MBT) and working with trauma.
I strive to provide a safe, nourishing and empathetic environment that enables my clients to get in touch with their true selves and find the best version of themselves within. In the counselling room, the therapeutic work is collaborative and cooperative, and the therapeutic relationship is the vehicle for the clients’ self-discovery journey.
In my work as a counsellor, I’m experienced in working with self-esteem issues, anxiety, depression, early childhood trauma and its impact on adult life, and a whole wide range of emotional problems that arise during a person’s lifespan, such as bereavement, finding purpose and meaning in a new season of life.
I am an individual member of the BACP, and have an MSc in Health Psychology.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSC Health Psychology -City, University of London
- Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy - Lambeth College, BACP accredited
- Mentalization Based Treatment for Adolescents training - Anna Freud Centre - Practitioner training
- CBT and Counselling with ASD clients with Prof Tony Atwood - SDS skills development - BPS accredited
- PBS Coaches Training - BILD
- Zones of Regulation Training Accredited
- Counselling course Level 3 - Lambeth College - BACP accredited
- BPS Approved Working with Trauma Certificate - SDS Ltd - Webcast seminar- Level 2 qualification
- PBS Competency Framework - Ambitious About Autism
- Trauma Focused Therapy CBT - based training for Children and Adolescents -Anna Freud Centre
- Developing a psychoanalytic approach to working with children and adolescents - British Psychotherapy Foundation
- Winicott Workshops - British Psychotherapy Foundation
- Degree in Psychology - Graduated with honors
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.