My name is Maria Rocha, I am a qualified counsellor and Supervisor, Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy MBACP.
I work with a wide range of techniques from different approaches such as Psychodynamic to CBT, Gestalt, or Person-Centred Therapy, depending on client’s presenting issues and needs.
In this way, I will be able to help you to understand your life and to attain a stronger sense of personal identity so that you will be in charge of your own life.
Together, we will address your life’s problems on a physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual level.
After our first e-mail exchange, we will schedule a Skype or Zoom session for an initial interview where we will discuss and decide the terms upon which we will work together.
- I work as a Trainer Assistant at The Psychosynthesis & Education Trust.
- I also lead Self-Development Groups.
- I am a volunteer for Cruse Bereavement Care.
- I also facilitate Bereavement groups.
- I work as a supervisor in the private sector and Organizations.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychosynthesis Counselling - The Psychosynthesis & Education Trust.
- The Essentials of Psychosynthesis Training - The Psychosynthesis & Education Trust.
- Introduction to CBT Certificate.
- CBT Course Certificate – Dr Adrian Hemmings C. Psychol UKCP.
- The Awareness in Bereavement Care Foundation Course Certificate – Cruse Bereavement Care, Richmond.
- Facilitating Therapeutic Groups Certificate.
- Facilitating Bereavement Support Groups - Cruse Bereavement Care, Croydon
- Working with Mental Illness Certificate.
- Working with Sub-Personalities In and Through the Body – Integrative Psychology – The Psychosynthesis & Education Trust
- Introduction to Mindfulness Training Certificate – Richmond - Dr Rhona Trotter
- A Child’s Grief Training Certificate – Cruse Bereavement Care
- Diagnostic Process in Psychosynthesis Certificate - The Psychosynthesis & Education Trust.
- Psychological Disorders & Their Assessment – UKAHPP, Angie Fee
- Experiencing Your Past Lives - Brian L. Weiss, M.D.
- Alchemy & Transformation Certificate – Centre For Counselling and Psychotherapy Education
- Hidden Dynamics in the Counselling Relationship Certificate.
- Introduction to Systemic Family Constellations - The Psychosynthesis & Education Trust
- Family Constellations Certificate.
- Dreams: Portals of The Soul – BACP, Frances Marling.
- Imagination Intentionality & Psycho-energy Certificate – The Psychosynthesis & Education Trust
- Working with Domestic Violence Certificate.
- Introduction to Psychodynamic Counselling.
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse - Christiane Sanderson BSc., MSc.
- Individual & Society Certificate - The Psychosynthesis & Education Trust.
- Cultivation of Will - The Psychosynthesis & Education Trust.
- Will and Change Certificate - The Psychosynthesis & Education Trust.
- Guided Imagery I and II - The Psychosynthesis & Education Trust.
- Meditation Certificate - The Psychosynthesis & Education Trust.
- Certificate in Personal Coaching - The Coaching Academy.
- Working with Self-Harm Certificate.
- Working with Sexual Violence and Post Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD) - Christiane Sanderson BSc., MSc.
- Raising your Self-Esteem Certificate.
- Working with Shame - Mickey Yudkin.
- Working with Addictions - Helen Gerolaki.
- Ways into working with Couples Certificate.
- The Psychodynamic Context of Psychosexual Therapy - The Tavistock Centre
- Infidelity & The Couple Relationship - The Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationships
- The Stuck Couple: Managing Disappointment and Blame - The Tavistock Centre
- Supervision Course - CSTD London - Joan Wilmot & Robin Shohet - CCPE
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£60.00 per session
Concessions offered for
Skype or Zoom Session: £60 per hour
Couples Therapy: £75 per hour
Supervision: £60 per hour
(Relationships´ Therapy for 2 people such as couples; friends; family members; co-workers... £75 per hour)
Early mornings until late evenings. Please check availability.
Due to Covid, I have been seeing my clients online through Zoom or Skype.
I have a private office at home to guarantee privacy and confidentiality.