MA (Psychoanalysis), Dip RSA, BA (Hons), MBACP, UKCP
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
- I work ONLINE and FACE TO FACE. I offer Low Cost therapy.
- I am a Psychotherapist and 'training analyst' for students in training. I have 20 years experience of working with anxiety, depression, loss, eating disorders, post traumatic stress disorder, abuse, coercive control, suicide, loss and more.
Your initial session is FREE for 35 minutes. This gives you the opportunity to meet me and to see whether you would like to continue with future sessions. It is my fundamental belief that psychotherapy should be available and affordable to everyone. I use sliding scale charges which means that I charge less for students and those on a low income. I am recognised by several healthcare insurance companies for those with insurance.
I offer a quiet, private and confidential space to talk, to express your self. We can explore and uncover the complexity behind the issues, causing your difficulties, distress and unhappiness. We find meaning and understanding and work towards unveiling and promoting a self that is more confident, empowered, assertive and self authorising.
The best way to contact me for a quick response is to email me. I will endeavour to respond in 24 hours
Training, qualifications & experience
- The Site For Contemporary Psychoanalysis (5 years post graduate course).
- MA (Psychoanalysis). Middlesex University.
- Dip. R.S.A.
- BA (Hons).
- BACP (MBACP Accred).
- 5 years postgraduate doctoral (PhD) research on eating disorders.
- Training at L.C.P. (1 year)
- Member of Council for Psychoanalysis and Jungian Analysis College.
- Work: Charing Cross Hospital 2+ years Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist in Outpatient Psychotherapy Department.
- Work: Ealing Hospital 2+ years Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist in Outpatient Psychotherapy Department.
- Publications: 'Issues of Identity' (1984) and published review 'Anorexics on Anorexia' International Journal of Psychotherapy, July 2001
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Bereavement - loss, death.
Fees are sliding scale, starting at £35.00 for 1 hour sessions. Longer sessions available by mutual agreement.
Healthcare insurance (Axa, Aviva) accepted.
When I work
I work ONLINE and FACE TO FACE. I work during and outside normal working hours including weekends.
Main language - English.
Basic Modern Greek.