Maria Constantinou. MA (Psychoanalysis), Dip RSA, BA (Hons), MBACP, UKCP.
0207 823 8116 / 07917 132 803
I am a Psychotherapist and 'training analyst' for students in training. I have 20 years experience of working with anxiety, depression, loss, eating disorders, post traumatic stress disorder, abuse, coercive control, suicide and more.
Your initial session is FREE for 35 minutes. This gives you the opportunity to meet me and to see whether you would like to continue with future sessions. It is my fundamental belief that psychotherapy should be available and affordable to everyone. I use sliding scale charges which means that I charge less for students and those on a low income. I am recognised by several healthcare insurance companies for those with insurance.
I offer a quiet, private and confidential space to talk, to express your self. We can explore and uncover the complexity behind the issues, causing your difficulties, distress and unhappiness. We find meaning and understanding and work towards unveiling and promoting a self that is more confident, empowered, assertive and self authorising.
Training, qualifications & experience
- The Site For Contemporary Psychoanalysis (5 years post graduate course).
- MA (Psychoanalysis). Middlesex University.
- Dip. R.S.A.
- BA (Hons).
- BACP (MBACP Accred).
- 5 years postgraduate doctoral (PhD) research on eating disorders.
- Training at L.C.P. (1 year)
- Member of Council for Psychoanalysis and Jungian Analysis College.
- Work: Charing Cross Hospital 2+ years Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist in Outpatient Psychotherapy Department.
- Work: Ealing Hospital 2+ years Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist in Outpatient Psychotherapy Department.
- Publications: 'Issues of Identity' (1984) and published review 'Anorexics on Anorexia' International Journal of Psychotherapy, July 2001
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Bereavement - loss, death.
Photos & videos
Fees are sliding scale, starting at £35.00 for 1 hour sessions. Longer sessions available by mutual agreement.
Healtcare insurance accepted.
Main language - English.
Basic Modern Greek.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Modern Greek|
I work during and outside normal working hours.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|