M Luisa Cazzola Fridegotto
Psychologist, Psychotherapist and Bioenergetic Psychotherapist
MBACP (Registered), SIAB (Therapist and Supervisor) IIBA, SIMP Member, Ordine Psicologi Veneto No: 5610
I am a clinical psychologist and psychotherapist, trained and accredited both in Italy and in the UK.
I am a Registered MBACP Psychologist and Psychotherapist and I adhere to their Code of Ethics, which means that I offer my clients a high standard of professional care at all times.
I have been a psychotherapist for more than 20 years. Throughout my practice, I completed several different specializations in order to achieve a better client–therapist healing relationship. I work in Italian, English and French with young people, adults, older adults and couples.
Sometimes life presents us with challenging issues and we need somebody who listens with empathy, somebody we can trust, who is able to support us, and who can guide you to discover the person you are.
I apply combinations of the below theoretical models to achieve an integrative approach to my work:
- Bioenergetic Psychotherapy
- Psychosomatic Therapy
- Gestalt Therapy
- Rewind technique for PTSD
I am specialized in assisting people with a wide range of problems including:
• Abuse • Anxiety and Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) • Depression • Panic Disorder • Substance Dependence • Abortion and Post-Partum Depression • Bereavement and Loss • Anger Management • Body Image • Phobias • Domestic Violence • Transcultural issues • Behavioural and emotional issues • Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) • Eating Disorder • Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) • Stress • Self-esteem • Work Related issues • Relationship problems • Couple counselling • Psychosomatic diseases
After an initial consultation and there is no obligation to continue your therapy, you go away and think about whether you would like to book further session and if you feel we can work together, I would be happy book your sessions at your convenience.
Upon request, sessions may be held via Skype.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP - British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (UK) no. 159594
- Albo degli Psicologi e degli Psicoterapeuti della Regione Veneto (IT) no. 5610
- SIMP - Società Italiana di Medicina Psicosomatica (IT)
- Bioenergetic Psychotherapist, IIBA - International Institute for Bioenergetic Analysis (USA)
- Certified Bioenergetic Therapist (CBT), SIAB - Società Italiana di Analisi Bioenergetica (IT)
- Supervisor in Bioenergetic Psychotherapy, SIAB - Società Italiana di Analisi Bioenergetica (IT)
- Psychotherapist, Marylebone Counselling and Psychotherapy Practice (2015 – Present)
- Psychotherapist in Private Practice, Self-employed (1990 – Present)
- Teacher, SIAB - Società Italiana di Analisi Bioenergetica (2004 – 2013)
- Civil Servant, Ministero Degli Affari Esteri (2002 – 2005)
- Social Worker, Comune di Verona and Regione Veneto (1971 – 1981)
- Supervisor, Bioenergetic Psychotherapy, SIAB - Società Italiana di Analisi Bioenergetica (2000 – 2002)
- Bioenergetic Psychotherapy, SIAB - Società Italiana di Analisi Bioenergetica (1992 – 1998)
- Psychotherapy in Psychosomatic Medicine (Gestalt and Bioenergetic), SIMP - Società Italiana Medicina Psicosomatica (1984 – 1988)
- Clinical Psychology degree, Università degli Studi di Padova (1971 – 1975)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Work-related stress
- Individuals £60 (50 minutes)
- Couples £70 (50 minutes)
- Students / Unemployed £40-50 (50 minutes)
No-show or sessions cancelled within 3 days will be charged in full.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Italian, English, French|
Monday to Friday and weekends upon request.
Types of client