Maggie Barton. BACP, MNCS (Accred)
Thank you for taking the time to view my profile. Often this can be the first step towards making that first move in seeking help when life appears too difficult and hard to manage on our own. It is how we are supported during these difficult times that can be the turning point in our lives. I know because that was my experience when I too took that courageous step and asked for help. This step can also be a new opportunity to begin seeing things a little clearer leading to a new sense of personal freedom and discovery of Self.
My Way of Working:
I offer one to one counselling sessions lasting 50 minutes. I work using a range of therapies which include; Person-Centred Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Tools/Techniques, Solution-Focused Therapy and Compassion-Focused Therapy and tailored to a client's specific needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
Member of BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists).
- BSc. (Hons) in Counselling & Psychotherapy, Middlesex University
- Dip. Counselling and Psychotherapy, PCI College, Dublin
- Certificate, Counselling & Psychotherapy, PCI College Dublin
- Dip. Health & Social Care Management, Ulster University, Jordanstown
- MSc. Total Quality Management and Business Excellence
- Taming the Anxious Mind
- Bereavement & Loss through Suicide
- Introduction to Systemic Family Psychotherapy
- Eating Disorder, Obesity & Mental Health Awareness
- Working with Addiction: Underlying Causes
- Child Protection & Neglect
- Hidden Harm Protocol
- Keeping Children Safe
- UNOCINI & Best Practice
- Working with Young People & Substance Misuse
- Domestic & Sexual Violence & Abuse Awareness
- Birth Trauma Counselling
- I am also CRUSE Bereavement Trained.
My counselling experience has been working within Public Sector organisations, Voluntary & Charity organisations and Community Based organisations. Working with a wide range of issues these include, anxiety, depression, low self-esteem/confidence, stress, suicidal ideation, trauma, relationship difficulties, grief and loss.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
My fee is £40 per session (50 mins).
I offer concession for students and those who are unwaged - all of which is discussed in our first session.
The first session will include signing a Counselling Contract and at this stage identifying any specific goals you may have. Perhaps you may be unsure of any specific goals at that point -and that too is okay since together we will be exploring any issues or difficulties you are experiencing at that time.
I can be contacted via email or mobile phone and am happy to discuss any queries or questions you may have prior to scheduling an appointment.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please contact me to arrange an appointment. If I am unable to answer your call, leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Types of client