Lydia Chapman. MBACP, Dip Couns. BSC Hons in therapeutic counselling and supervision, Mental health first aider, Dip Holistic therapies.
I have over 7 years’ experience working therapeutically on a 1-1 and group level with adults and young people.
I have had other person centred, client facing roles within a range of charities through Doncaster. I offer you a professional and confidential service in a non-judgemental and respectful arena in which to explore your issues.
I work in an integrated approach and have experience in the following areas:
- Domestic abuse, rape, sexual abuse
- Low self-esteem
- The impact of suicide and self-harm on the individual, family and friends
- Suicidal ideation
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders,
- Learning difficulties
- Trauma, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Sexual/Psychological/Physical abuse and Neglect
- Childhood issues
- Anger issues
- Drug and Alcohol misuse
My therapeutic approach has a Rogerian core and I believe in the provision of the following therapeutic conditions required for change namely Psychological Contact, Unconditional Positive Regard (UPR), Presence, Congruence and effective communication of empathic understanding to the client or person. I believe that the therapeutic relationship is the key to the therapeutic process and the progress the client makes.
Courses and CPD training
- Counselling children and young people with CASY Counselling
- First aid training
- Safeguarding children and vulnerable adults
- Play therapy
- Bereavement, suicide and anger management, domestic abuse and sexual abuse training
- CACHE- Understanding children and adolescents mental health
- Mental health first aider
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSC Honours counselling in Counselling therapies and supervision Leeds Beckett
- BSC in Counselling Leeds Beckett
- Therapeutic Counselling Diploma Year 1 and year 2
- Introduction to counselling/skills and studies
- (Between the years of 2012 and 2016)
- Diploma in Holistic Therapies
Training courses - CPD
- Understanding children’s and adolescent’s mental health
- First aid course- a 1-day training course on CPR, drainage and recovery and mouth to mouth
- Level 3 Diploma in health, safety, security and employment standards
- In house Domestic abuse, safeguarding, sexual abuse and bereavement training
- In house CYP training
- Dissociative identity disorder training
- Suicide awareness training
- GDPR Training
- Adult safeguarding training
- Dissociative identity disorder understanding training
- Child sexual exploitation training
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£35.00 per session
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
My fees are set at £35 ph
Counselling students have a discounted rate , will need to provide proof of study.
I can provide telephone, webcam or face to face counselling. Please contact me via email for any further information.