Dr. Lisa Ahmad
I am a Consultant Clinical Psychologist with extensive experience in assessment and treatment of a range of psychological and emotional difficulties including:
- Anxiety and panic
- Bereavement, grief and loss
- Depression and low mood
- Domestic abuse
- Driving related difficulties and anxieties
- Eating disorders – including Anorexia, Bulimia and Binge Eating
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Relationship difficulties
- Personality Disorders
- Sleep difficulties
- Trauma – PTSD, one off traumas (i.e. assaults, road traffic accidents etc), long term traumas (i.e. childhood stress, sexual, physical or emotional abuse and neglect).
- Work related stress
Psychometric assessment on request.
Insurance work, GP referrals and self referrals all welcome.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold a Doctoral qualification in Clinical Psychology and have almost 20 years clinical experience of a range of assessment and treatment approaches including CBT, EMDR and psychotherapy.
I have extensive experience of working in both the NHS and in independent private practice, with specific areas of speciality in trauma based work and with the assessment and treatment of Eating Disorders.
I am a full member of the Health Professions Council and an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Fees are £90 per session (50 minutes).
Please contact me for an informal discussion about your difficulties, concerns or worries and I would be happy to talk to you about how I may be able to help.
I am currently only able to offer online (Skype/facetime, or email) appointments.
Please feel free to contact me to discuss your needs.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please contact me to discuss your needs or to book an appointment. I am currently only able to offer online treatment (Skype/facetime, email).
Types of client