Lesley Shearer, PGDip, Counselling & Psychotherapy, MBACP
13 Lady Jane Gate Bothwell
01698 811228 / 07989 540083
Are you struggling with a problem right now? Do you need someone to talk to?
Maybe I can help.
I am a fully qualified, registered psychotherapist, counsellor and supervisor.
I realise that some clients can feel a little overwhelmed by the whole counselling Process, you might worry how to get started.
How to start:
1: Give me a telephone call, text or email.
2: I will then contact you at a time of choice for an informal conversation regarding your concern.
Areas I specialise in:
Anxiety, Generalised anxiety disorder, Panic disorder, Intrusve thoughts, Depression and Low mood.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Diploma ( University of Strathclyde, 2000)
- Diploma in Mindfulness and Meditation,( Glasgow City College)
- Advanced Professional Training in Person - Centred Counselling Practice/ Couple/Family Therapy, ( University of Strathclyde)
- Diploma in Supervision,( Alcohol Focus Scotland)
- Psychology: Development, Social and Abnormal
- Diploma :in Psychodynamic /Approach
- Bereavement, Grief and Loss, ( Cruse Bereavement)
- ASIST Suicide Intervention Training
Over the last 17 years, I have worked in many settings and services, including specialist services for anxiety, and young adults mental health issues.
- NHS Counselling in medical centre, working with anxiety, stress and depression
- Working with serious ill- health relating to Alcohol abuse
- NHS Health Centre practice Counselling /Therapist
- Inverclyde Counselling Services
- James Watt College
- Senior Therapist for six years with the Meridian & Alcohol counselling Team, which supported thousands of individuals and families across Lanarkshire affected by drug and alcohol abuse, In this setting I have years experience working with, Anxiety, stress, Low mood , addiction, abuse, relapse prevention, relationship issues, and bullying in the work place.
- Most recently I founded The Counselling Lounge, where I am currently based.
I will also run bespoke sessions and workshops tailored to clients particular needs. Most of my sessions run from the Counselling Lounge.
Walk and Talk
Walk and Talk Therapy starts with a one to one at the Counselling Lounge , but rather than sitting inside we head to the forest, ( which is located at the bottom of the garden). And we walk and Talk, exploring problems in a natural environment. Walking leisurely with a therapist can encourage a deeper understanding of issues through exploration and freedom. Forest bathing or walking surrounded with trees, helps stress; anxiety;improves sleep and improves focus.
For more-information, please feel free to give me a call.
I have helped many people over the years. I could help you too. Visit the other pages of my website to learn more about my services.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
facilitaion in mindfulness for young people.
Let go of the past with the use of mindfulness.
Therapy 3 is a solution focused counselling offering,
A beginning, middle, and end,
in 3 sessions. ( counselling three week block )
Walk and Talk
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Couples counselling
- Dance therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
Photos & videos
I charge £45
Mindfulness & Meditation
Meditation is a state of peace that occurs when the mind is calm and still. Individuals can use this practice to train the mind and gain a particular state of awareness to either gain a specific benefit or for the mind to just acknowledge its content without becoming identified with it, as an end in itself. Recent research links it with stress reduction, relaxation and an enhanced quality of life.
I offer Stress reduction using mindfulness / relapse prevention using mindfulness.
I offer the above as individual sessions as a form of therapy for a wide range of issues, including anxiety, depression, stress and addiction recovery.
I also offer mindfulness for young adults 15- 19 year olds.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Saturday
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am currently a supervisor for the NHS and Private Practice.View supervision profile