Hello, my name is Laura.
As a Psychologist, Counsellor and Coach, I offer a safe therapeutic space where you can discuss and explore the difficulties you are facing. I offer a range of holistic therapeutic interventions including psychotherapy and behaviour change modification towards positive wellbeing.
As an integrative therapist I am experienced in drawing upon different models such as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Compassion Focused Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, attachment based, person centred and Mindfulness practice.
The most important part of the work we do together is to encourage a ‘commitment to action’ ethos and develop lasting personal growth and change using goal setting and action plans, whilst identifying barriers towards change. I am able to work short term or can offer longer term support if needed.
To book an initial session (either online or face to face) please go to the website - www.rccs.org.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
Outside of my private practice, I work within a mental health team at a university offering wellbeing support to students. Through the university I am completing a PhD in Psychology, researching the connection between mindfulness, compassion and the body. I also guest lecturer on the MSc Mindfulness and Compassion course at a local University.
12 years experience within the below services:
- Mental health services (universities)
- MIND - the national mental health based service
- Schools in the Midlands
- PhDPsychology (specialism on mindfulness and stress on the body)
- MSc. Health Psychology
- BSc. (Hons) Psychology
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Mindfulness and Compassion Practitioner (MindfulnessCIC)
- Health and Wellbeing Coach
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Compassion Focused Therapy
- Foundations of Health Psychology clinical practice
- Therapeutic skills for Health Psychologists
- Attachment, compassion, the brain and health: Developmental understandings and clinical implications (The Compassionate Mind Foundation)
- Grief and Loss training
- NHS training - Personality Disorders
- NHS training - Self-harm risk assessment
- Registered member of the BPS (315651)
- Registered member of EMCC (05625451)
- Registered member of Counselling Pages (76826)
Association for Christian Counsellors
The Association of Christian Counsellors is a professional body representing and setting standards for Christian counselling and care in the UK. The organisation is made up of various different membership categories, including Counsellor and Accredited, and requires all members working as counsellors to undertake Continuous Professional Development on a regular basis.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Single session therapy/coaching - please ask for me details.
£50.00 per session
Concessions offered for
For a one hour session the fee is £50 - concession are available please ask.
I am able to offer appointments on weekday evenings (Mondays to Fridays 5.30pm to 8.15pm) and Saturday mornings (9.00am to 12.00pm).
If you ring and hear my voicemail, please leave your contact details and I will call you back as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
Concessions available for:
- NHS staff
- Armed Forces
Specialised support for Master and PhD level students - offering academic and motivational coaching to support your journey.
Additional resources can be found on our sister site - www.hungry4fitness.co.uk