RCM Business Centres
My name is Kevin, I am a qualified Intragrative counsellor.I have a Bachelor of science degree and Diploma in Higher education, both in Therapeutic counselling which I studied at Leeds Beckett University. This teaching of the various theories and psychology added to my own life experiences to give me an insight into the human psyche and how we can be affected by so much through our lives. I am also a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
For me, counselling is a vocation not a job. My own personal experiences and my counselling training has enabled me to understand myself better and my patterns of behaviour. It has also taught me counselling is an effective tool at giving understanding and obtain the skills to change and allow growth within us. My passion for counselling motivates me to always keep learning and understanding a person’s behaviour and thought process. To be able to apply coping mechanisms for the client to help create a positive way to help with their issues and discard the negative behavioural patterns we can adopt through our issues. Through this relationship we work together to give understanding, confidence and ways to see more than one path.
As well as private practice I am also Lead Clinical Director of a counselling charity. Through both I work with clients of all ages, adolescents and adults. I treat each client individually as I understand everyone is unique and needs specific therapy appropriate to them. In the charity I am also the Complex Clients counsellor where I connect with clients with severe issues that impact on their life such as ASD, anxiety, anger management, abuse (sexual, physical, emotional), bereavement, domestic abuse, self-harm, gender identity, psychosis, suicide as well as other issues. In my roles I work with other services such as the NHS, CAMHS, Gp surgeries, social services, schools & colleges & other mental health services.
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma of Higher Education in Therapeutic Counselling. Leeds Becket University.
Bachelor of Science in Therapeutic Counselling. Leeds Beckett University.
Level 3 Award in Education and Training.
- Counselling the SEN Client.
- Understanding Transgender.
- The Role of Body and Brain in Trauma.
- Prevent Training.
- Working Creatively with Grief.
- Getting the Most from Supervision.
- Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect-Core V7.
- Domestic Abuse Awareness Including CAADA DASH.
- Forced Marriage 7 honour Based Violence.
- Safeguarding Everyone Protecting Children, Young People & Adults at Risk.
- Introduction to the Autism Spectrum.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive therapy
- Existential therapy
The session are 50 minutes long with a fee of £50
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please contact for availability
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|