Katy Hepburn MBACP, Dip Counselling, BA(Hons)
Water Lane Cottage
12 Water Lane
Hello, I'm Katy and I am an experienced Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counsellor. This means that I draw on a number of different theories to help build a relationship to support each unique client in the way they need.
How can I help?
I understand that it can be difficult taking the step to come to counselling if you are struggling in some way. Perhaps you are feeling low, anxious or overwhelmed and need support outside of your family and friends? Perhaps you are feeling distressed trying to cope with difficult thoughts and feelings. I understand how difficult it can be to feel stuck in whatever distress you may be feeling and I wholeheartedly believe that everyone has the capacity to find their own answers and grow.
I can offer you a safe and supportive space to talk about and explore difficult thoughts and feelings you may be experiencing and help you identify potential opportunities for increased understanding and acceptance, growth and change.
Take the next step...
Please give me a call on 07502603193 or send an email via the link if you would like to discuss your needs further without any obligation. If you would like to consider counselling with me, we can arrange an initial session. This would be an opportunity for you to talk about what has brought you to counselling and to consider if you would like to continue working with me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Professional Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Integrative), British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) accredited training at Mary Ward Centre, London WC1
- PG Dip Occupational Therapy.
- BA (Hons) Applied Social Science
- Ascentis Accreditation Awareness in Bereavement - with CRUSE bereavement charity
- Currently I work in private practice in Bishop's Stortford. I work with young adults, adults and older adults. I offer both long and short term therapy.
- Previously a counsellor with Helen Rollason Cancer Charity.
- I have also worked as a Bereavement Counsellor with Cruse.
- Over 10 years experience working in health care both in hospital and in the community (working in Neurology, Mental Health, Palliative Care and Rehabilitation).
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and adhere to their Code of Ethics.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
My fees are £40 for a 50 minute session of individual counselling
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client