Katrina Ashton Psychotherapy and Supervision UKCP
I have more than 10 years experience as a psychodynamic and psychoanalytic psychotherapist both in the NHS and privately. I provide individual and group psychotherapy. I also have been a midwife for 35 years and work in the NHS.
What help is available?
Are you anxious, maybe feeling low but not sure why this is happening to you at this time? Maybe stress in your life has brought on these feelings but you don’t know what to do to make things easier.
Ashton counselling and psychotherapy provides a range of confidential psychological help. Taking that first anxiety provoking step towards seeking help can be the first on the road to recovery.
I provide individual assessments to identify the kind of therapy which best suits your need. This could be short term help, 6-10 sessions weekly, which may be enough to make a significant difference to your difficulties, or more long term intensive therapy
You may be looking for more specialised help ?
My specialties include:
- working with pregnancy related psychological problems such as anxiety and/or depression.
- anxiety about giving birth
- anxiety and/or depression after birth in the postnatal period
- women and couples traumatised by childbirth
- working with mothers and their babies when there are relationship difficulties: sometimes its simply hard to be together in the beginning
Training, qualifications & experience
I trained to be a psychotherapist at the University of Kent. Post registration I have included various developments in working with trauma, psychosis, couples, (including mother baby couples). I have worked in the criminal justice system and with those who have problems with addictions. In 2014 I undertook training in supervision and offer this both individually and in groups in the NHS and privately
I have many years of experienced in working with the result of trauma from sexual, domestic abuse and childbirth and has also been commissioned to undertake organistional reviews from a psychodynamic perspective.
I volunteers her knowledge and experience to the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy https://www.psychotherapy.org.uk
working with other therapists and lay members to produce a code of ethical practice for counsellors and psychotherapists.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Individual £35 for 50 minutes
Group £25 each for 90 minutes
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please email to arrange an appointment
Types of client
Supervision & training
My supervision training was at The British Psychotherapy Foundation in 2014.