Karen Keys MBACP
St. Albans Crescent
Counselling for depression, anxiety, bereavement and relationship problems. Couples and individuals.
I am an experienced, qualified, Relate trained Counsellor working with couples on relationship issues and with individuals on stress, anger problems, anxiety, depression, bereavement and many other issues.
I will listen with kindness and compassion, without judging or imposing solutions, while providing space for you to explore your inner feelings. Working together, counselling helps you to untangle your emotions, sort out your worries and take the vital steps toward getting the life you want and the happiness you need.When working with individuals I look to combine counselling methods, which may be different for the needs of each unique client.
In relationship counselling there can be many factors. You may have been hurt by infidelity or you may keep having the same arguments with your partner, round and around. I work with you to determine what you want out of your partnership, the issues and patterns that hold you back or are at the heart of disagreements and we look at how to move forward into the future.
I have trained in relationship Counselling with Relate who are the UK's gold standard for relationship counselling.
Where I work
My counselling room in Woodford Green is convenient, confidential and accessible from the Tube or public transport. It is an easy 10 minute walk from South Woodford Tube station (I have timed it!) and around the same from Woodford tube station. There is free parking outside.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling (Professional Training)
- Relate CPCAB Level 5 Diploma in Relationship Counselling
- Relate Certificate of Proficiency in Couple Counselling
- Certificate in Time Limited Psychodynamic Counselling
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Introducing Neuropsychology to the Psychotherapist
- Infidelity in the Couple Relationship
- Aging and Couples
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
My fees are
- £40 for individuals
- £50 for couples sessions on weekdays and weeknights
- £60 for couples sessions on Saturdays
- £30 for counselling students and students
No sales calls please.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I can offer weekday and evening appointments or Saturdays by arrangement.
Types of client