Kara Rogers - Counsellor and Psychotherapist - BACP Accredited
I am a professional BACP accredited Counsellor and Psychotherapist with 18 years experience. I am also an accredited workplace mediator.
I provide a safe, neutral space for you to explore the difficulties and issues that bring you to counselling with the aim of helping you to gain a deeper and clearer awareness, insight and understanding of anything that is distressing, concerning or restricting you.
It may be one particular issue that needs addressing and/or a closer look at ways in which lifestyle, values and beliefs no longer serve you. With this in mind, I offer longer term, open ended therapy or short term focused therapy, with specific issues to address. (solution focused/CBT)
In my work I help individuals to improve quality of life, address a particular issue and build better personal and professional relationships.
I specialise in helping people with anxiety, stress, anger management, depression, accidents, chronic illness, accidents, relationship issues, work related issues, victims of crime, sexuality, bereavement and loss, trauma and PTSD.
Getting started is probably the hardest step. Contact me in confidence by telephone, email or via my website with any questions or to arrange a meeting.
During our initial contact we shall discuss what your initial needs and requirements are. It may be you have a specific issue which you would like to explore, or a general sense that something is missing from your life or you are not living life in a way that you want to.
To book your first session please call me on 07887748666 or email me here
Training, qualifications & experience
Alongside private practice I work for Crisis Management Response Ltd dealing with workplace trauma, risk prevention, recovery and resilience planning and posts crisis support counselling. Companies affected by traumatic events such accidents and violent crime.
I also work for MS-UK with Clients who have Multiple Sclerosis. I am currently researching the psychological aspect of MS and the links with anxiety, depression and stress.
I have worked as a Psychotherapist within the NHS, Psychological services (with inpatients/outpatients and staff) working with patients with cancer, neurological illnesses and disease, stroke and MS (Multiple Sclerosis)
Transport for London as a staff counsellor
St Luke’s hospice working with cancer patients and their families
Victim Support working long term with families affected by homicide, domestic violence, sexual assaults, emotional and physical abuse.
Education and qualifications
- 2014 - Accredited Mediator – London School of Mediation
- 2010 - Post Graduate Diploma in Gestalt Psychotherapy – London Met University
- 2007 - Post Graduate Certificate in Gestalt Psychotherapy – London Met University
- 2006 - Advanced Diploma in Professional Development – London Met University
- 2004 - Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling – Basildon College
- 2002 - Advanced Diploma in Counselling Theory and skills – Basildon College
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
£55 for 50 minute – individual
£75 for 60 minute – couples
I have some concessionary places. Please contact me to discuss this further if you feel this applies to you.
Payment by cash, cheque, or bank transfer.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Therapy room and toilet facilities are situated on the ground floor.
I am available: Tuesday 12-8pm Wednesday 9am-9pm, Thursday 3.30-9pm Friday 9am - 7pm
Types of client