Julie Crawford Reg. (Accred) MBACP Dip. Couns
Covid-19: Our Response
These are crazy times we are living in and for many very fearful...
I hope you and yours are keeping safe and following all guidelines set out by our government.
Beauty For Ashes has now resumed face to face sessions, with strict sanitising and social distancing measures in place.
Therapy can continue via telephone or using the online platform Zoom for those who would prefer to not yet meet face to face. The prospect of this can be daunting, but we have found that often clients adjust well and effective therapy can take place with a good therapeutic bond being established despite not being in the same room. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about this.
Most importantly stay safe, stay healthy and do what you feel is right for you and your family! Continue to do whatever you can to stay connected to those around you
A little about me
I work as a private therapist, offering a warm and non-judgemental approach. My experience of working in the addiction field has led me to understand that addictions are often the symptom of deeper, underlying issues. As a result I have vast experience of working with clients on an array of difficulties including trauma, sexual abuse and domestic violence, low self worth, mental health struggles and many more.
I am based in the Dunmurry area, situated between Lisburn and Belfast.
I am a fully accredited member of BACP and all of my practice is informed by their Ethical Framework of Good Practice for counsellors (www.bacp.co.uk)
I look forward to connecting with you so we can further discuss how we can work together for the change you are looking for.
What is counselling?
At times we can face situations that can feel impossible. Counselling offers a safe space, with a trained professional to explore difficulties, past or present, and begin your journey to healing. Counselling can give you deeper insight into how you are feeling and help you find ways to express this in order to better understand yourself and help you work towards change.
I work in an integrative way, drawing on different counselling approaches based on your needs as a client. At the heart of my work is a focus on building a strong therapeutic relationship that creates trust and respect so problems can be explored in an open, non-judgemental way.
Counselling will provide you with a safe, confidential space that allows you to reflect on your experiences and gain new insights into yourself and your circumstances with the result of improving your wellbeing.
"The only impossible journey is the one you never begin." Tony Robbins
Training, qualifications & experience
I have over 11 years experience of working in the addictions field and have worked with individuals, young people and family members affected by a variety of issues including addiction, mental health difficulties, trauma, loss and many more.
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Integrative psychodynamic and person centred).
- BACP Accredited counsellor/psychotherapist.
- Introduction to Counselling.
- Certificate in Counselling Skills.
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency.
- Certificate in Sandplay Therapy
- Certificate in Training Practice.
- BA Hons + DIS Business Studies.
Other relevant training
- Winning the worry wars - creative interventions for anxious children and YP
- Spirituality and mental health
- Understanding addiction from a psychodynamic perspective.
- Taming the trauma - helping children through evidence-informed creative interventions.
- Trauma & Addiction.
- Mental health & substance misuse.
- OCN Level 3 in substance misuse for counsellors.
- Sand Play Workshop.
- 'Seeing Red' - CBT tools for managing anger in children and young people.
- 'Down in the dumps' - CBT skills for working with low mood and depression in children and young people.
- 'Modern family' - how to help children cope when their family changes shape.
- Motivational Interviewing.
- SafeTalk & SafeTalk Train the Trainer.
- Understanding brief intervention approaches and how to use them with drug & alcohol misusing clients.
- Practical ways of working with drug & alcohol misusing clients.
- Level 1 CBT key knowledge & skills.
- Level 1 CBT with substance misuse.
- OCN Level 3 Train the Trainer Men & Women's Sexual Health Education.
- Drugs and Young People's development.
- OCN Level 3 Principles of tackling substance misuse.
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention Training.
- Taking the lid off - supporting adults & young people living with alcoholism and problematic substance misuse.
- Self harm - whose challenge?
- Managing difficult, dangerous and disturbing behaviour.
- Assessing and managing risk.
- Children/Young people and substance misuse.
- OCN Level 2 Community Drugs Awareness.
- OCN Level 3 Train the Trainer.
- Protection of children and vulnerable adults.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Initial assessment/consultation session - £25.
Each session thereafter is charged at £40.
Concession rates are available where appropriate - feel free to contact me to discuss.
Concessions offered for
Monday - Saturday Daytime and Evening appointments available