Julia McGarragh MBACP (Accred) - Welton Counselling Practice
Welton Methodist Chapel
Do you feel like you are going round in circles or you feel alone and need to talk to someone independent who you can trust? Counselling enables us to work things out in such a way that we can make any changes that are necessary and move forwards. We can start to make sense of things again. Being able to express strong feelings with someone who will listen without judgement, can help relieve worry and anxiety over issues such as relationships, bereavement, depression, low confidence and self-esteem, and any other health-related concerns. Counselling can help highlight areas where change may be needed in order to break unhelpful patterns.
I offer a safe, confidential and ethical counselling practice. I am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and abide by their ethical guidelines and code of practice. I undertake regular, monthly counselling supervision to maintain good practice as per BACP requirements.
Training, qualifications & experience
Lead Counsellor qualifications and training - Julia McGarragh MBACP (Accred)
I have 15 years experience of counselling in a variety of settings. Currently also providing workplace counselling for Local Government employees of Lincolnshire. I have also provided counselling support for Lincoln College students and Welton Health Centre.
- Diploma in CBT
- Diploma in Mindfulness
- Stress Management
- Integral Eye Movement Therapy (2015)
- Mediation training -Robert Still OCN certificate (2013)
- Alcohol concern training (Lincs alcohol harm reduction partnership)
- ASIST suicide prevention training
- Cognitive therapy for dealing with depression
- Safeguarding children & young people
- Diploma in Counselling children and adolescents
- Effective anger management
- Introduction to NLP
- Higher Professional Diploma in Counselling (Graduated 2006)
- AQA – Advanced Certificate/ Advanced Diploma in Counselling (2003)
- AQA – Certificate in Counselling Skills (2002)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I CAN OFFER THE FOLLOWING SUPPORT TO ORGANISATIONS:
- Mediation in the workplace
- Managing stress / stress workshops
- Integral Eye Movement therapy (IEMT) for working with emotional trauma.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Photos & videos
£30 Counselling sessions (sessions can be weekly or fortnightly)
Short-term (up to six sessions)
Longer-term support available if necessary
To avoid incurring a cancellation fee, 24 hours notice is required.
What will happen?
Getting started: Pick up the phone, contact us by e-mail or by using the contact form and we will get back to you as soon as we can to make an appointment for you to come in and discuss whether counselling can help - it usually can!
An initial counselling assessment will be carried out to determine the issues we will focus on and explore in more detail what counselling can offer. This can last for up to an hour.
Counselling sessions arranged following assessment will last 50 minutes. They will be the same time and day each week or sometimes if preferred can be fortnightly.
Confidentiality will be explained at assessment and it is only in extreme circumstances that a counsellor would ever have to break confidentiality.
Any questions that you have about how counselling works can be asked at any time or if you prefer, you can contact us and we will try to answer any questions you might have.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Wednesday - Saturday
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|