Jon King BA Psych (Hons), GradCert, PG Cert, PG Dip Psychotherapy. MBACP.
Hello and welcome to my profile. My name is Jon King.
I offer a safe and confidential space in Birmingham where clients are able to explore themselves free from judgement. My approach to therapy is integrative so I tailor my approach to the individuals needs. One of my main focuses is helping the client to gain a greater awareness of themselves and their experiences as well as taking into consideration historic attachment styles.
Together we will explore early attachment patterns, habits and relationships that are impacting you and the way you relate to others or the way that others relate to you in the "here and now". I can help you find a new way to be in the present and so change your future.
I have been working therapeutically with individuals and groups for 8 years in both the NHS and private healthcare settings. My experience within this has been focused on many issues such as loss, anxiety, relationships, work related stress, shame, addictions, abandonment and issues of a sexual nature. Currently, I manage a private rehabilitation clinic for adults.
I can offer short and long term counselling/psychotherapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
- NCFE Level 2 Person Centred Counselling Skills - Birmingham - 2009
- BA Honors Psychology and Sociology - Birmingham City University 2011 - 2014
- Grad Cert Integrative Psychotherapy - Birmingham City University 2014 - 2015
- Post Grad Cert Integrative Psychotherapy - Birmingham City University 2015 - 2016
- Post Grad Dip Integrative Psychotherapy - Birmingham City University 2018
- QCF Level 5 Leadership & Management for Social Care/Adults Residential - 2018
- Masters in Integrative Psychotherapy -2018 - Ongoing
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- My fee is £45 for a 50 minute session.
- Concessions available dependant on personal circumstances.
I am fully insured and hold an up to date enhanced DBS.
I hold the sessions in a quiet and discreet room which is in Hall Green bordering Shirley. The location is close to local transport links to Birmingham town centre, Yardley, Kings Heath, Earlswood, Acocks green, Sparkhill, Sparkbrook, Shirley and Solihull.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I can offer morning, afternoon and evening appointments. I endeavour to return calls or emails the same day.
Types of client