I am a experienced therapeutic counsellor/ Psychotherapist offering counselling to adults couples and families within Norfolk and surrounding counties.
With over 28 years working in the Health profession, I've attained good listening skills and appreciate the importance to be able to offer a safe, confidential and non-judgmental environment for clients to consider and explore what may have brought them to counselling.
My work can be short term or open ended with adults clients.
My experience over the years has been supporting clients who have come to counselling due to crises, anxiety, depression, loss, physical and emotional abuse as well as addictive and repetitive life patterns.
The British Psychological Society defines counselling as a process "designed to help people improve their sense of well-being, alleviate their distress, resolve their crises and increase their ability to solve problems and make decisions for themselves.
If you would like to explore the possibility of counselling with me, please telephone or email and we can set a date and time that is convenient for the both of us to explore your current situation and to decide if counselling and Psychotherapy is right for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- WPF :Advanced Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling
- HBCF: Post Advanced -Diploma Quality certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- WPF : Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling
- WPF Certificate in Counselling Skills
I specialised in training as a Psychodynamic counsellor/ Psychotherapist following a long career working within Psychological services in the NHS and Charity organizations managing teams to support vulnerable Adults/ Families.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Initial consultation £55.00
My fee is £50 for a once-weekly individual 50 minute session.
Costs for family and couples differ and would be discussed prior to booking an appointment.
Limited places for reduced fee for clients on a low income.
I am a member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and follows their ethical guidelines to run a safe professional practice.
I hold a CRB Enhanced Disclosure which is renewed every 3 years as I still work part time within the Health services.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|