Joanne Freeman Dip. pc. MNCS (Acc)
I am now resuming face to face sessions and following Government Guidelines to ensure client safety. I will continue with video sessions if required .
Hello, I'm Joanne, I'm a registered, accredited counsellor,and am listed on a register that has been accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
I work with individuals and couples with their emotional well-being. I work within my own private practice and in the work-place. If you're thinking about having counselling, it can be daunting prospect. If you decide to make an appointment I'll do my best to help you feel at ease. I've been working in stress management, family support and counselling since 2007. I also worked as a Health Improvement Practitioner for the NHS for 5 years.
If you're struggling with anxiety, depression, over-thinking, stress, grief, loss or relationship difficulties, to name a few, my training and years of experience can help you to find a way to manage and get through your issues, to eventually reach a more relaxed state of mind. You'll learn very effective coping strategies to deal with your every day worries and I use science based intervention techniques to address stress, anxiety, depression, trauma and much more.
I specialise in anxiety and depression and have a particular interest in these areas as I have struggled with both during my adult life and feel very equipped to help others. It was through counselling and the practice of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), that I was able to overcome my anxiety and depression.
Mindfulness is a practice that can help you to live more in the present moment to counteract the overthinking, chatty mind and future focused worry. It can turn "what if" in to "what is". Put simply it means "paying attention to whatever you are doing, while you are doing it, with awareness, presence and non-judgement. It's a practice that has plenty of scientific, empirical evidence to prove its effectiveness and it is widely used by health professionals.
My Counselling Service Can Help You To:
- Feel listened to with empathy by someone professional who will be impartial, compassionate and remain non-judgemental.
- Feel safe enough to talk about what's troubling you.
- Know you are in a confidential, welcoming and safe space for you to talk and make sense of things.
I work with a variety of issues including:
- Panic Attacks
- Relationship Difficulties
- Anger Management
- Parenting issues/challenges (I facilitate positive parenting courses)
I can give you strategies and tools for you to use in your every day life to help you manage life's many challenges. Talking about problems and seeing things from a different perspective, being understood and empathised with is what's needed for you to start your counselling process and build trust with your counsellor. This may be short term solution focused therapy, or longer term for deeper issues.
STRESS affects our minds and our bodies:
- Butterflies in the tummy
- Repetitious thoughts
- Feeling isolated
- Palpitations/heart flutters/tight chest
- Worry and fear - past and future
- Being on "high alert", dread
- Dry mouth
- sleep problems
- Lack of motivation and vitality
- Feeling dizzy
- Feeling like you're in a daze
- Jelly legs
- Tense shoulders
- Being on auto-pilot
- Irritable bowel etc..
The practice of Mindfulness together with counselling can help all of the above and more.
Understanding events from a different perspective and taking on board new strategies does not happen over-night, but with the right support the possibility of change and recovery is a very freeing and motivating experience and can lead to a more harmonious life improving your emotional equilibrium.
My Work Experience
- I have worked in stress management and counselling in the work place and with individuals since 2007.
- I worked for 5 years as a Health Improvement Practitioner for the NHS supporting families to adopt a healthier lifestyle using successful behaviour change models.
- I currently work part time for a charitable organisation as a Family Well-being Practitioner.
Thank You and Good luck With Your counselling.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Integrative Counselling (MNCS Acc) (AVR) - Accredited Voluntary Register
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (CPCAB)
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies (CPCAB)
- Diploma in Stress Management GCP (Guild of Complimentary Practitioners)
- Certificate in Nutrition and Health (Intermediate Level ) Awarded with Credit, The Royal Institute of Public Health
- Certificate in Family Support Training, Charitable Organisation
- Certificate of Achievement - Mindfulness for Well-being and Peak Performance, Monash University
- Certificate of Achievement - How to Break the Cycle of Depression, Human Givens College
- CPD Certificate of Achievement Understanding & Preventing Suicide, National Counselling Society
- CPD Certificate Working with Dreams
- CPD Certificate Mindfulness Counselling
- CPD Certificate Body Mind Connection and Trauma Release
- CPD Conflict Resolution Training
- CPD Unconscious Bias Training
- CPD Working with the Inner Child
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Body Mind Connection, Mindfulness, Dream Analysis.
Counselling sessions (50 minute appointment) £50
Student counsellors (50 minute appointment) £35
Couples counselling (1 hour appointment) £80
I offer a sliding scale for session fees, please enquire.
You may prefer to have a telephone conversation initially of which is available. I offer 10 minute appointment with no charge.
Concessions offered for
I am a professional accredited member of the National Counselling Society (NCS) and the Accredited Voluntary Register (AVR). I am fully insured, DBS checked, and I adhere to the NCS Code of Ethics.
I have regular supervision, personal counselling and attend continuous professional development courses.
There are parking and transport links close by. I am within walking distance of Billericay mainline station and there is a bus service from the station that takes you to the top of my road,
There's plenty of parking outside my house and access for those with mobility issues.
I provide home visits, and I have counselled people in care homes too.
I work in Billericay and surrounding areas.
Video sessions available via Skype, FaceTime, WhatsApp.