Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
Hello, I'm Joanne, I'm a registered, accredited counsellor, and am listed on a register that has been accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
My Counselling Service Can Help You To:
- Feel listened to with empathy by someone professional who will be impartial, compassionate and remain non-judgemental.
- Feel safe enough to talk about what's troubling you.
- Know you are in a confidential, welcoming and safe space for you to talk and make sense of things.
If you're struggling with anxiety, depression, over-thinking, stress, grief, loss or relationship difficulties, to name a few; my training and years of experience can help you to find a way to manage and get through your issues, to eventually reach a more relaxed state of mind. You'll learn very effective, science based strategies to significantly reduce worries, mind chatter and difficulties that are preventing you from feeling calm and content, take control of your mind and emotions and build self worth.
I've been working in stress management, family support and counselling since 2007. I also worked as a Health Improvement Practitioner for the NHS for 5 years.
I specialise in anxiety and depression and have a particular interest in these areas as I have struggled with both during my adult life and feel very equipped to help others. It was through counselling and the practice of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), that I was able to manage my anxiety and depression.
Mindfulness is a practice that can help you to live more in the present moment to counteract the overthinking, chatty mind and future focused worry. It can turn "what if" into "what is". Put simply it means "paying attention to whatever you are doing, while you are doing it, with awareness, presence and non-judgement. It's a practice that has plenty of scientific, empirical evidence to prove its effectiveness and it is widely used by health professionals.
I can help you with a variety of issues including:
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE's)
- Racing mind
- Intrusive thoughts
- Panic attacks
- Relationship Difficulties
- Anger Management
- Parenting issues/challenges
- Domestic Abuse
- Calming your Nervous System using the Polyvagal Theory
STRESS affects our minds and our bodies:
- Butterflies in the tummy
- Repetitious thoughts
- Feeling isolated
- Palpitations/heart flutters/tight chest
- Worry and fear - past and future
- Being on "high alert", dread
- Dry mouth
- sleep problems
- Lack of motivation and vitality
- Feeling dizzy
- Feeling like you're in a daze
- Jelly legs
- Tense shoulders
- Being on auto-pilot
- Irritable bowel etc..
The practice of Mindfulness together with counselling can help all of the above and more.
Understanding events from a different perspective and taking on board new strategies does not happen over-night, but with the right support the possibility of change and recovery is a very freeing and motivating experience and can lead to a more harmonious life improving your emotional equilibrium.
My Work Experience
- I have worked in stress management and counselling in the work place and with individuals since 2007.
- I worked for 5 years as a Health Improvement Practitioner for the NHS supporting families to adopt a healthier lifestyle using successful behaviour change models.
Thank You and Good luck With Your counselling.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Integrative Counselling (MNCS Acc) (AVR) - Accredited Voluntary Register
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (CPCAB)
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies (CPCAB)
- Diploma in Stress Management GCP (Guild of Complimentary Practitioners)
- Museum of Happiness Facilitator
- Certificate in Nutrition and Health (Intermediate Level ) Awarded with Credit, The Royal Institute of Public Health
- Certificate in Family Support Training, Charitable Organisation
- Certificate of Achievement - Mindfulness for Well-being and Peak Performance, Monash University
- Certificate of Achievement - How to Break the Cycle of Depression, Human Givens College
- CPD Certificate of Achievement Understanding & Preventing Suicide, National Counselling Society
- Certificate in Polyvagal Theory and the Nervous System
- CPD Certificate Working with Dreams
- CPD Certificate Mindfulness Counselling
- CPD Certificate Body Mind Connection and Trauma Release
- CPD Conflict Resolution Training
- CPD Unconscious Bias Training
- CPD Working with the Inner Child
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
The National Counselling and Psychotherapy Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Body Mind Connection, Mindfulness, Dream Analysis.
£45.00 - £60.00
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
Counselling sessions (60 minute appointment) £60
Couples counselling £80 per hour
I offer a price range from £45 to £60 per session, depending on your financial situation. Please enquire.
You may prefer to have a telephone conversation initially of which is available. I offer a 10 minute appointment with no charge.
When I work
Counselling appointments available evenings, daytime and weekends
I am a professional accredited member of the National Counselling Society (NCS) and the Accredited Voluntary Register (AVR). I am fully insured, DBS checked, and I adhere to the NCS Code of Ethics.
I have regular supervision, personal counselling and attend continuous professional development courses.
There are parking and transport links close by. I am within walking distance of Billericay mainline station and there is a bus service from the station that takes you to the top of my road,
There's plenty of parking outside my house and access for those with mobility issues.
I provide home visits, and I have counselled people in care homes too.
I work in Billericay and surrounding areas.
Video sessions available via Skype, FaceTime, WhatsApp.