Joanne Freeman Dip. pc. MNCS (Acc)
Hello I'm Joanne - If you're struggling with challenging life issues - relationship worries, anxiety, depression, grief and loss, panic attacks - to name a few - and you need a counsellor who is empathetic, understanding, approachable and confidential, then please take a look at my profile and my website www.joannefreemancounselling.com and see how my counselling service can help you.
I'm a registered accredited counsellor and am on a register that has been accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
I work with individuals and couples with their emotional well-being. I work within my own private practice and for a charitable organisation. If you're thinking about having counselling, it can be daunting for some people: if you make an appointment for an initial consultation I will do my best to help you feel at ease. I've been working in stress management, family support and counselling since 2007. I also worked as a Health Improvement Practitioner for the NHS for 5 years.
My approach is integrative which means I am trained in various different types of counselling, including Person Centred, Psychodynamic, CBT, Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) and Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR). The different approaches together are very effective.
Mindfulness is a practice that can help you to live more in the present moment - by focusing your awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting your feelings and thoughts with self-compassion and paying attention to your physical senses. It helps you to live in the NOW, and is a highly effective practice for gaining a reprieve from anxiety, depression, stress and much more. It’s a psychological and scientific technique, with plenty of empirical evidence to prove its effectiveness and it is widely used by health professionals.
My Counselling Service Can Help You To:
- Feel listened to with empathy by someone professional who will be impartial, compassionate and remain non-judgemental.
- Feel safe enough to talk about what's troubling you.
- Know you are in a confidential, welcoming and safe space for you to talk and make sense of things.
I work with a variety of issues and have a special interest and a wealth of experience in:
- Panic Attacks
- Relationship Difficulties
- Anger Management
- Parenting issues/challenges (I facilitate positive parenting courses)
I can give you strategies and tools for you to use in your every day life to help you manage life's many challenges. Talking about problems and seeing things from a different perspective, being understood and empathised with is what's needed for you to start your counselling process and build trust with your counsellor. This may be short term solution focused therapy, or longer term for deeper issues.
STRESS affects our minds and our bodies:
- Butterflies in the tummy
- Repetitious thoughts
- Feeling isolated
- Palpitations/heart flutters/tight chest
- Worry and fear - past and future
- Being on "high alert", dread
- Dry mouth
- sleep problems
- Lack of motivation and vitality
- Feeling dizzy
- Feeling like you're in a daze
- Jelly legs
- Tense shoulders
- Being on auto-pilot
- Irritable bowel etc..
The practice of Mindfulness together with counselling can help all of the above and more.
Understanding events from a different perspective and taking on board new strategies does not happen over-night, but with the right support the possibility of change and recovery is a very freeing and motivating experience and can lead to a more harmonious life improving your emotional equilibrium.
At your first appointment we will have a talk about what brought you to counselling, and to address some practical formalities. It's your time for you to decide what you want to talk about and if my counselling service is the right one for you. I'm a friendly approachable person and I provide a confidential, non-judgemental, caring and compassionate environment for my clients.
My Work Experience
- I have worked in stress management and counselling in the work place and with individuals since 2007. Currently working for a Corporate Well-being Agency.
- I worked for 5 years as a Health Improvement Practitioner for the NHS supporting families to adopt a healthier lifestyle using successful behaviour change models.
- I currently work part time for a charitable organisation as a Family Well-being Practitioner supporting families.
Thank You and Good luck With Your counselling.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Integrative Counselling (MNCS Acc) (AVR) - Accredited Voluntary Register
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (CPCAB)
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies (CPCAB)
- Diploma in Stress Management GCP (Guild of Complimentary Practitioners)
- Certificate in Nutrition and Health (Intermediate Level ) Awarded with Credit from The Royal Institute of Public Health
- Certificate in Family Support Training – Charitable Organisation
- Certificate of Achievement - Mindfulness for Well-being and Peak Performance Monash University
- CPD Certificate in Working with Dreams
- CPD Certificate in Mindfulness Counselling
- CPD Certificate in Body Mind Connection and Trauma Release
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Body Mind Connection, Mindfulness, Dream Analysis.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Couples counselling
£35.00 Initial Consultation/Assessment (50 minute appointment).
For further counselling sessions:
£45 ( 50 minute appointment) - I do work within a sliding scale for my fees and can negotiate a lesser cost if necessary. Please don't hesitate to enquire.
£30 Student Counsellors (50 minute appointment).
£75 Couple/relationship counselling (1 hour appointment).
Telephone appts: £35.00 - 50 minutes appointment
Email: Cost varies
Skype Counselling: £35.00 - 50 minute appointment.
You may prefer to have a telephone conversation initially of which is available. I offer 10 minute appointment with no charge.
I am a professional accredited member of the National Counselling Society (NCS) and the Accredited Voluntary Register (AVR). I am fully insured and DBSchecked, and I adhere to the NCS code of ethics.
I have regular supervision, personal counselling and attend continuous professional development courses.
There are parking and transport links close by. I am within walking distance of Billercay mainline station and there is a bus service from the station that takes you to the top of my road,
There's plenty of parking outside my house and access for those with mobility issues.
I provide home visits, and I have counselled people in care homes too.
I work in Billericay and surrounding areas.
I adhere to the National Counselling Society's Code of Ethics.
Telephone and email appointments are available, however it is best to start with face to face counselling. If you are very anxious and nervous about contacting a counsellor this can be a helpful way to start, and then work towards meeting with your counsellor.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Counselling appointments available evenings, daytimes and some Saturdays.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|