MSc, Certified Transactional Analyst, UKCP
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
My name is Jen and I am a Certified Transactional Analyst (CTA) Psychotherapist
I hold a Psychotherapy Master's Degree and a Diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling.
I have specialist training and qualification in working with people who have been subjected to sexual violence.
I also have a qualification in Interpersonal Neurobiology.
I am a member of UKATA and UKCP
There are are many reasons why people seek counselling and psychotherapy, you may be experiencing relationship difficulties, dealing with feelings of loss and grief or have lost self-esteem and lack confidence.
You may be struggling with the after-effects of childhood abuse and don't know how to move on from painful memories.
Difficult, unmanageable feelings of anger, sadness or fear could be making you feel overwhelmed, anxious and/or depressed.
Therapy can be reparative and transformative. It can offer you a feeling of empowerment as well as heal traumas and psychological wounds.
The psychotherapy process can enable you to work through your feelings, move on from painful issues, and help you to lead a more fulfilled, happier and healthier life.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy - Middlesex University
- Certified Transactional Analyst (Psychotherapy) - (IBOC)
- Diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling (level 7) - The Berne Institute
- Certificate in Interpersonal Neurobiology- The Link Centre
- Level 3 Certificate Specialist Training- Sexual Abuse and Rape - AIM Awards
- Level 3 Certificate in Education and Training (Adult Education)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills and Theory - AQA Awards
- Foundation Certificate in Transactional Analysis - The Berne Institute
- TA101 - The Berne Institute
- Staffordshire Women’s Aid training - Domestic abuse and Sexual violence
- 2 years experience working with victims of crime
- Previous UKATA Director -Board of Trustees
- Over 5 years in private practice with over 1000 practice hours
- Mental Health Support worker at South Derbyshire Mental Health Association (Bank House)
- Academic Mental Health Mentor with Cosmic People
- Victim Care Coordinator Staffordshire Victim Gateway
- Emotional Support volunteer at SARAC
- Family Support worker at Home Start
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£50.00 per session
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
£50 per hour (60 minutes) - individual
£80 per session (90 mins) - couples
Low cost alternatives
£25 per hour - individual counselling with level 7 trainee TA therapists from May 2022
When I work
Taking on new clients on Mondays and Fridays from March/April 2022
Although I am a Transactional Analysis Counsellor, I also use aspects of person centred counselling, Psychodynamic, CBT and Gestalt therapy.