Jennifer Finney (The Jay Tree)
The Jay Tree is a Counselling and Psychotherapy service based in Burton Upon Trent.
My name is Jen and I am a Transactional Analysis Counsellor.
I hold a diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling and I am in the final stages of achieving my Psychotherapy Master's degree and becoming a Certified Transactional Analyst.
I have specialist training and qualification in working with people affected by sexual abuse and rape.
I also have certificates in counselling skills and theory, working with addictions and self-harm.
I am a member of UKATA and UKCP
There are are many reasons why people seek counselling, you may be experiencing relationship difficulties, dealing with feelings of loss and grief or have lost self-esteem and lack confidence.
You may be struggling with the after-effects of childhood abuse and don't know how to move on from painful memories.
Difficult, unmanageable feelings of anger, sadness or fear could be making you feel overwhelmed, anxious and/or depressed.
Whatever is troubling you, sharing your experience with a counsellor, someone unbiased, who will listen to you with out judgement is therapeutic.
Therapy can be reparative and transformative. It can offer you a feeling of empowerment as well as heal traumas and psychological wounds.
The counselling process can enable you to work through your feelings, move on from painful issues, and help you to lead a more fulfilled, happier and healthier life.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy - Middlesex University (on going)
- Diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling (level 7) - The Berne Institute
- Level 3 Certificate in Specialist Training- Sexual Abuse and Rape - AIM Awards
- Certificate in Counselling Skills and Theory - AQA Awards
- Foundation Certificate in Transactional Analysis - The Berne Institute
- TA101 - The Berne Institute
- Staffordshire Women’s Aid training - Domestic abuse and Sexual violence
- 2 years experience working with Victims of crime
- Special interest in Fibromyalgia
- Volunteer at SARAC
- Volunteer at Home Start
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
£50 per hour (60 minutes) - individual
£80 per session (90 mins) - couples
Although I am a Transactional Analysis Counsellor, I also use aspects of person centred counselling, Psychodynamic, CBT and Gestalt therapy.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|