Jean Wells, MSc, MBACP (Accred), Adv Dip Supervision (NCS Accred)
As a psychotherapeutic counsellor I see each person as unique. In therapy we explore possibilities for improving our lives by examining the life crisis, problem, or confusion. I offer a confidential space where you can discuss your world and feelings in compassion and without judgement. Together we will explore what troubles you and through this discover new possibilities for ways of living and coping.
People come to counselling for many reasons. For some a loss or trauma may have made coping difficult. Others may feel depressed, anxious or lonely, or experience feelings of hopelessness or low self worth. Some experience personal, emotional or relationship difficulties, and sometimes we just don’t know what's wrong.
Whatever your reasons research has shown that speaking to a professional in a safe, non-judgemental and confidential environment is helpful. Together we will decide if a brief intervention for a current life crisis or longer term therapy might be most helpful to you.
I work from a private location near West Wittering, about 10 minutes from Chichester in West Sussex. Public transportation and free parking are available.
I have an Advanced Diploma in counselling supervision (NCS accredited) and offer supervision to counsellors and psychotherapists, in person or online, at a frequency to suit your needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have been a practising therapist for many years, working in a variety of settings in long and short term therapy, the charity sector, and private practice. I have worked with a range of personal issues and have over 1,200 hours practice experience.
- I am a Senior Lecturer in Counselling at University of Chichester and a Lecturer in Counselling at Guildford College.
- I am an accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and work within their ethical framework for good practice.
Training and Qualifications
- Adv Dip, Counselling Supervision, KRCS
- MSc, Counselling and Psychotherapy, University of Roehampton (Accredited by UPCA and UKCP)
- Dip, Humanistic Counselling, University of Chichester
- PG Dip, Advanced Research Methods, City University, London
- BA, Colgate University, New York, USA
- Accredited Member, British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Member, Universities for Psychotherapy and Counselling Association (UPCA, organisational member of the UKCP)
I am currently researching a PhD in assessment for psychotherapy and counselling.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£35 - £45 per 50 minute session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have daytime and evening appointments available.
Types of client