Jean Wells, MSc, Dip, MBACP (Accred.)
As a psychotherapeutic counsellor I see each individual as unique, without reference to categories or labels. I see therapy as a developing conversation which explores here and now possibilities for improving our lives by examining the life crisis, problem, or confusion, with an awareness of past experiences that may still resonate within us. I offer a safe, confidential space where you can discuss your world and feelings in compassion and without judgement. Together we will explore your experience of your world, and through this discover new possibilities for ways of being and coping.
People come to counselling for many reasons. For some a sudden loss or trauma may have made coping difficult. Others may want to gain more insight into themselves. Some experience personal, emotional or relationship difficulties, and sometimes we just don’t know what's wrong. Whatever your reasons research has shown that speaking to a professional in a safe, non-judgemental and confidential environment is helpful. Together we will decide if a brief intervention for a current life crisis or longer term therapy might be most helpful to you.
I work from a private location near West Wittering, about 10 minutes from Chichester in West Sussex. Public transportation and free parking are available.
I also work from rooms near to Littlehampton town centre, in West Sussex.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have been a practising therapist for five years, working in a variety of settings in long and short term therapy, the charity sector, and private practice. I have worked with a full range of personal issues and presenting problems and have over 1,000 hours practice experience.
- I am an accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and work within their ethical framework for good practice.
Training and Qualifications
- MSc, Counselling and Psychotherapy, University of Roehampton (Accredited by the UPCA and the UKCP)
- Dip, Humanistic Counselling, University of Chichester
- Accredited Member, British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Member, Universities for Psychotherapy and Counselling Association (UPCA, organisational member of the UKCP)
I am currently researching a PhD in assessment for psychotherapy and counselling.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
£35 - £45 per 50 minute session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have daytime and evening appointments available.
Types of client