Jayne Phillips, Therapeutic Counsellor, Dip Couns, MBACP Registered
I am unable to take on any new clients at this time, thank you.
Many people think about having counselling but can feel unsure as to whether it is the right route for them, especially if 'talking' to someone does not come naturally. Perhaps you have tried working things out for yourself, with your family and with your friends. Equally, you may have been to see your GP and approached other health professionals. The most important thing to acknowledge is that you are trying to get some form of support.
Counsellors will see clients for many reasons such as:
- Feelings of anxiety and panic
- Relationship and family difficulties
- Addictive behaviours
This is a small list of the many issues that can be explored in a confidential, empathic and non-judgmental environment.
I have worked for nearly ten years in both the voluntary and private sectors. Each client I see is unique, individual and just as clients are individual, the support they require is individual too. There is no 'one cure fits all' and as an experienced therapist, I understand this. I provide both conventional indoor and Walk & Talk therapy depending on your needs.
- An opportunity to explore difficult thoughts, feelings and behaviours without being judged or criticised
- A non-rushed setting with your autonomy respected at all times
- A neutral environment for you to make healthy decisions about how you want to move forward in life
- An opportunity to gain helpful tools/techniques to cope with difficult times
- Gentle challenge which can help with those feelings of being 'stuck'
- A relationship of trust and congruence
- A safe space to begin to understand yourself and to be able to explore strong emotions such as shame and anger
- Advice giving or being guided in a certain direction (a counsellor will never tell you what to do)
- A place where the counsellor speaks about their problems or issues
- Constant talking (counselling explores silence, body language and physical sensations if appropriate)
- Having to talk about childhood and the past, unless you want to talk about your childhood and the past!
- About getting things right or wrong
I am a fully qualified, BACP registered and insured therapeutic counsellor. I have experience of counselling clients since 2009 and I trained for four years, however, counsellors continually update their skills and knowledge by means of CPD (Continuing Professional Development).
I have counselled children as young as 11 and my oldest client to date has been in their 80's. There is no maximum age limit! Please note, I only work with adults 18+ within my private work.
I work with clients from the general public along with GP referrals, university students and have recently started working in the area of HSP (Highly Sensitive People). If you feel you may be HSP but are unsure, please feel free to contact me.
I can offer counselling on a short term (6-20 weeks) or longer, open-ended basis, depending on your needs. * Please note, along with conventional 'indoor' counselling, I am also able to offer Walk & Talk sessions to those who would prefer to access therapy outdoors.
If you decide you would like to contact me, please feel free to send me an email, a text or leave a message on my mobile and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
After this initial contact, you can then decide whether you would like to arrange a Counselling Assessment appointment. This first appointment is an opportunity for you to let me know what has been going on for you and to enable me to assess your needs fully.
There will be space for you to ask any questions or go over any concerns you may have. I will also provide you with a copy of my counselling agreement form.
If you decide you would like to book up further sessions (indoor or outdoor), we can discuss a suitable day, time and venue.
You can text me on 07870 327 016
You can call and leave a message on 07870 327 016 or
Email me on the link at the top or bottom of my profile.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications:
- Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB) Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Integrative Model)
- CPCAB Certificates in Counselling Skills and Studies
- Studying BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Registered with the BACP (046202) and I hold their Certificate of Proficiency
- SWADS (Swindon & Wiltshire Alcohol & Drug Service) Training
- Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service - previously CRB) Checked
- Off The Record - LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans) Training Programme
- Safeguarding training
- Private Practice Counsellor working with adults 18+
- Volunteer Youth Counsellor with Off the Record, Bath
- Addictions Counsellor with SWADS (Swindon & Wiltshire Alcohol & Drug Agency)
- Telephone Counsellor with Mothers for Mothers (Postnatal Depression)
- Administrator for Relate Avon (Relationship Counselling)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Photos & videos
Counselling sessions are charged between £20-60
I do hold some concessionary places for students, please enquire as these get filled quickly.
Payment can be made by cash or cheque at each session. (If you prefer to pay by Bank Transfer, this can be arranged with conditions).
I can provide a receipt on request.
- Self-harm: the silent scream
- Bullying in the adult world
- When you just want someone to listen...
- A skin too thin for the world...
- Relationship boundaries
- The need for quick fixes and solutions!
- A train of thoughts...
- Medals and t-shirts...
- The transition from home to university... when the time comes to reach out for help
- Living with a narcissist... can it be done?
- Flirting; a harmless bit of fun?
- A new year or a black hole?
- The risk of asking 'how are you?'...
- Is it OK to grieve... for a pet?
- Why do we tell lies?
- The monster ... with green eyes
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available parking on flat surface. On entry, there is one low step through the entrance door and my therapy room is on the ground floor with no further steps. Facilities also located on the ground floor.
Various appointment slots available including Saturday mornings. Walk and Talk Therapy also offered.
Types of client