Jayne Phillips, Therapeutic Counsellor, Dip Couns, MBACP Registered
Thank you for visiting my profile.
You may be here because you are trying to deal with an issue such as:
- Panic attacks
- Relationship and family difficulties
- Addictive behaviours
Perhaps you have tried working things out for yourself, with your family and with your friends. Equally, you may have been to see your GP and approached other health professionals. The most important thing to acknowledge is that you are trying to get some form of support.
I have worked for nearly ten years in both the voluntary and private sectors, working with clients on a variety of issues. Each client is unique, individual and just as clients are individual, the support they require is individual too. There is no 'one cure fits all' and it is important to explore what help is available to you.
WHAT COUNSELLING IS AND WHAT COUNSELLING ISN'T
- An opportunity to explore difficult thoughts, feelings and behaviours in a confidential, non-judgemental and supportive space
- A non-rushed environment with your autonomy respected at all times
- A neutral environment for you to make decisions about how you want to move forward in life
- An opportunity to gain helpful tools/techniques to cope with difficult times
- Gentle challenge which can help with those feelings of being 'stuck'
- A relationship of trust and congruence
- Boundaries both for the client and the counsellor
- Advice giving or being guided in a certain direction (being told what to do)
- A place where the counsellor speaks about their problems or issues
- Constant talking (counselling explores silence, body language and physical sensations if appropriate)
- Something to do for someone else or to keep someone else happy
- Having to talk about childhood and the past, unless you want to talk about your childhood and the past!
- About getting things right or wrong
I am a fully qualified, BACP registered and insured therapeutic counsellor. I have experience of counselling clients since 2009 and I trained for four years, however, counsellors continually update their skills and knowledge by means of CPD (Continuing Professional Development).
I have counselled children as young as 11 and my oldest client to date has been in their 80's. There is no maximum age limit! Please note, I only work with adults 18+ within my private work.
I work with clients from the general public along with GP referrals, university students and have recently started working in the area of HSP (Highly Sensitive People). If you feel you may be HSP but are unsure, please feel free to contact me.
I can offer counselling on a short term (6-20 weeks) or longer, open-ended basis, depending on your needs. I try to be as flexible as possible however, counselling does require a weekly commitment from you.
Some people really struggle to 'talk' about their problems and this can lead to feelings of counselling not being right for them. However, I understand it can be difficult, especially in the early stages when trust is building. As a supportive therapist I will work at your pace and offer encouragement step by step.
If you decide you would like to contact me, please feel free to send me an email, a text or leave a message on my mobile. I aim to get back to you within 24 hours, usually sooner.
After this initial contact, you can then decide whether you would like to arrange a counselling assessment appointment. This meeting is an opportunity for you to let me know what has been going on for you and to enable me to assess your needs fully.
There will be space for you to ask any questions or go over any concerns you may have. I will also provide you with a copy of my counselling agreement form.
If you decide you would like to book up further sessions (you do not need to make this decision at the initial appointment and can contact me when you feel ready) and providing we are both in agreement that we would like to work together, we can discuss booking further counselling sessions.
You can text me on 07870 327 016
You can call and leave a message on 07870 327 016 or
Email me on the link at the top or bottom of my profile.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications:
- Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB) Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Integrative Model)
- CPCAB Certificates in Counselling Skills and Studies
- Studying BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Registered with the BACP (046202) and I hold their Certificate of Proficiency
- SWADS (Swindon & Wiltshire Alcohol & Drug Service) Training
- I hold an Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service - previously CRB)
- Off The Record - LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans) Training Programme
- Safeguarding training
- Private Practice Counsellor working with adults 18+
- Volunteer Youth Counsellor with Off the Record, Bath
- Addictions Counsellor with SWADS (Swindon & Wiltshire Alcohol & Drug Agency)
- Telephone Counsellor with Mothers for Mothers (Postnatal Depression)
- Administrator for Relate Avon (Relationship Counselling)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
HSP (Highly Sensitive People)
Photos & videos
First counselling assessment appointment £20 for 40 minutes.
If we agree to work together after this appointment, counselling sessions are charged at £40 per 50 minutes.
I do hold some concessionary places for students, please enquire.
Payment can be made by cash or cheque at each session. (If you prefer to pay by Bank Transfer, this can be arranged with conditions).
I can provide a receipt on request.
- Relationship boundaries
- The need for quick fixes and solutions!
- A train of thoughts...
- Medals and t-shirts...
- The transition from home to university... when the time comes to reach out for help
- Living with a narcissist... can it be done?
- Flirting; a harmless bit of fun?
- A new year or a black hole?
- The risk of asking 'how are you?'...
- Is it OK to grieve... for a pet?
- Why do we tell lies?
- The monster ... with green eyes
- Do you listen...?
- Wherever you go, there you are...
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Various appointment slots available including Saturday mornings
Types of client