Janet Wood - MBACP Dip Counsellor @IdentifyUCounselling
07518245411 / 07518245411
I am Janet and I work under the name IdentifyU Counselling and Wellbeing.
I am a fully qualified Person Centred Counsellor, Coach and trainer offering a gentle creative approach to support you in overcoming difficulties and finding yourself again. I am interested in working with identity... how we can lose and find it and the principles of image and how we see ourselves.
When we are stressed and anxious we can lose our IDENTITY and forget how to FUNCTION. When we are free from stress we can MOVE through life with a greater FLOW and EASE.
I use the person-centred approach to facilitate you in finding what is best for your personal growth. I will allow you to explore your own strengths and personal power by supporting your journey to self-actualisation
The person-centred approach believes that humans have an innate tendency to find fulfilment of their own personal potentials. As a person-centred counsellor I hope to help you find self-healing and personal growth.
I respect inclusivity and have experience of supporting young adults with specific learning difficulties. I will facilitate clients who may have specific learning difficulties and provide inclusive ways of working appropriate to your individual learning needs.
How I work
I work with creative techniques helping you to find your own path raising awareness and facilitating CHANGE helping you on your journey to JUST BEING YOU.
I am a registered member of British Association for Counselling and Psycotherapy (BACP) and adhere to their ethical framework and principles respecting client autonomy at all times.
I offer face to face counselling and coaching sessions which are an hour long and based around your needs. We will work together respecting your individual needs in a safe environment.
There is no limitation on the amount of sessions you have and we work together until you feel ready to move forward.
I also offer individual tutoring for trainee counsellors:
- Support with academic writing
- Academic referencing
- Presentation skills
I work in private therapy rooms in St Helens which are accessible and informal offering a confidential safe space where I can support you with any issues which might be preventing you from moving forward in life.
I am warm and empathic and offer therapy in a non–judgemental, understanding manner respecting your individuality and autonomy. I will work with you to identify barriers and blocks which may be stopping you on your journey to “Being You”. I hope to help you understand yourself and your feelings with a gentle approach.
It can be difficult to acknowledge we need help and I know you may be struggling with your feelings of uncertainty but I want you to know I am here to support you from our first meeting and throughout your sessions ensuring your confidentiality is respected at all times.
Please contact me if you feel I can help you on your journey to re-connect with yourself again.
Please contact me to arrange an appointment which is suitable for you by phone, text or email.
I will respond to you promptly to arrange an appointment.
Training, qualifications & experience
• ABC Level 3 Award in Counselling • ABC Level 4 Diploma in Theory and practice of Therapeutic Counselling
Professional Organisational Issues in Counselling Counselling in a Diverse Society Counselling Theory Advanced Counselling Skills Self-Awareness for Counsellors Research Methodologies in Counselling
• ILM Level 3 Award in Coaching • Goal Setting • Workplace Conflict • Motivational techniques • Life Coaching CPD training- The Coaching Academy- April 2017
- Certified trainer in working with Adults 16 and above- CIEH
- PTLLS Level 3 Award- Facilitated by Liverpool John Moores University
• Reiki Level One- Facilitated by Sheila Edis at Harmony counselling St Helens 2015
• Reiki Level Two- Facilitated by Sheila Edis at Harmony counselling St Helens 2016
Further CPD Training
- Mindfulness CPD Workshop Facilitated by Harmony Counselling, St Helens, Merseyside
- Working with Suicidal Clients Facilitated by Harmony Counselling, St Helens, Merseyside August 2016
- Understanding Self- Harm Facilitated at Harmony Counselling, St Helens, Merseyside 2014
- Mental Health First Aid Course:- Facilitated by Liverpool University, LJMU University
- Understanding Anxiety
- Schizophrenia, Psychosis, Personality Disorders Depression and Self- Harm
- Creative Ways of Working with Children and Young People Series 2 of 3 (Age 11-15 Yrs) 1st, 2nd July 2017: facilitated by Caroline Sephton at Empathy Northwest, Wigan
- Prevent Strategy Training- August 2017- Facilitated by Liverpool John Moores University.
- Safeguarding Training- August 2017- Facilitated by Liverpool John Moores University
- Social Services Workshop- 7.9.17 -Facilitated by Katherine Appleton at Harmony Counselling St Helens.
- Introduction to NLP- 10 week course -Facilitated by Jan Ord Counsellor, NLP Practitioner- Harmony Counselling St Helens.
- Working with Anger CPD Workshop- 20.11.2017-Facilitated by Francesca Dawson at Harmony Counselling, St Helens
- Addictions Recovery CPD Workshop- 27.1.2018- Facilitated by Alan Crawford at the Change Agency, St Helens
- Treating Generalised Anxiety Disorder and Panic Attacks- 6.4.2018- Facilitated by Wade Oladipo, Mindbodybreakthrough at Worsley, Manchester
- Supporting Clients with ADHD, ASC and Dyslexia- 7.4.2018- Facilitated by Natalie Trainer at Harmony Counselling, St Helens, Merseyside.
- Self-Harm Awareness- 4 hours CPD course- Facilitated by Satveer Nijjar at Attention Seekers Training held at Liverpool John Moores University 16.7.2018
- Introduction to Autism and the SPELL Framework- Facilitated by Dr Niki Daniel with the National Autistic Society- Full day CPD Training Course- 19.7.2018
- Rape and Sexual Abuse Training- Facilitated by RASA Liverpool at Liverpool John Moores University- 30.7.2018
- Transgender Awareness- Facilitated by Gender ID Training company at Liverpool John Moores University 7.8.2018
Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psycotherapy
During my counselling experience I have supported clients of different ages and cultural backgrounds ranging from 16-60 who have struggled to overcome problems in their lives which have affected their wellbeing. My experience includes working with self-harm, anxiety, confidence issues, self-image, eating disorders, abuse and addictions. I have supported clients in finding the first steps forward on a journey to identifying themselves again after experiencing negative events in life. Clients have come to me from a dark place and told me they have felt lighter and more at ease with life after sharing their innermost feelings in a safe place.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
I offer a FREE initial consultation session for 30 minutes
My fees for Counselling are:
£35 per hour session. Discounts are available for trainee Counsellors and the unemployed
My fees for Individual Coaching sessions are:
£35 per hour session. Discounts are available for the unemployed
6 week hourly block of Coaching sessions £180
I hope I can support you in moving forward with your life...
Please contact me for further information on my email : JWood0567@gmail.com or contact me during the evening and weekends on 07518245411.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Wheelchair access to ground floor rooms in two adjoining buildings
I am available at weekends and evenings. Text or email me for an appointment.
Types of client