Jaina Bloxsidge - Counselling - Psychotherapy & Hypnotherapy MNCS (Accred)
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE Autumn 2020
I completely understand that some people may be anxious about attending face-to-face consultations in the current situation.
My clinic is self-contained and not shared with other practitioners. All surfaces are cleaned before and after each appointment and I have made some changes to ensure your visit is as safe as possible. Please scroll down to ‘Your First Appointment’ for further details.
It takes courage to make contact with a counsellor and it is important that you feel safe, supported and able to discuss whatever is on your mind.
Having worked successfully with clients who have experienced childhood abuse, bullying, trauma, fears, phobias, anxiety, stress and relationship issues, I have a particular interest in the effects of past experience on psychological development and present day issues. Together we will work with an analytic approach to therapy, alongside CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) and Person Centred Counselling to assist with negative thoughts and turbulent feelings.
As a qualified hypnotherapist I can also offer a combination of counselling and hypnotherapy for clients who feel this may be helpful.
Your First Appointment
You are very welcome to visit my practice, Mindspring, where you will be listened to with respect and without judgement. The initial consultation is free of charge, very relaxed, and there is no obligation to proceed with therapy unless you are completely happy to do so. There are no expectations of you to be anything other than yourself.
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE Autumn 2020
- On arrival, please wait 2 metres away from the door. I will open the door myself and then stand back to allow you to enter and take your seat. Please do not close the door yourself. After you are comfortably seated I will then close the door and return to my own seat. At the end of the session we will repeat the same routine in reverse. By doing this there will be no need for you to touch any surfaces and any risk in coming for your appointment will be kept to a minimum.
- We will remain 2 metres apart at all times during the session. You are welcome to wear a face covering should you wish to do so.
- For the time being I will no longer be providing tissues or bottles of water and cups. You are of course very welcome to bring your own.
- Unfortunately I will not be accepting cash payments at this time. Online payments are preferred, but if you are unable to access an online banking service I will accept cheques, but would respectfully request that you have your cheque already written before you attend your session.
- I will no longer be issuing paper receipts. I will continue to offer emailed receipts on request.
- The usual 24 hours notice for cancelled appointments is suspended. If you or any of your household are unwell you will not be charged for any missed appointments.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.
Wishing you safe and well.
Peacefully located off the Lexden road, kerbside parking outside the premises is easy (and free). Mindspring is within a 20-25 minutes walk from Colchester town centre and there are numerous bus routes along the Lexden road.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy - 2011
- Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy - 2010
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills - 2009
(The above courses accredited by the Open University and the Royal College of Nursing).
- Diploma in Anatomy and Physiology - ITEC - 2001
I am an accredited member of the National Counselling Society and The National Hypnotherapy Society, both of which are on the Professional Standards Authority register.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Hypnotherapy for fears, phobias, low self- confidence.
Initial consultation is free of charge.
Counselling/Psychotherapy - £45 per full hour.
Hypnotherapy - £45 per hour.
Payment online is preferred, (details will be given at first consultation) or cheques will also be accepted.
Parking is easy (and free)
Toilet facilities on site
Please do visit my website at www.mindspring.co.uk for further information