Thank you for visiting my page at first step counselling we believe it's never too late to take the first step.
I am an integrative Counsellor and Psychotherapist. Integrative therapy is a combined approach that blends elements of different therapies. Tailoring my approach to you, there are many ways in which we can explore your individual experience together. No one theory provides all the answers.
My goal is to help you deal with the issues or problems you might be having. By helping you see things in different ways. Your voice is valued and important as you are the expert in your own life, and you know your journey. I will help to guide you and facilitate your needs to help you feel better. Working together, we can make a positive change in your life.
Training, qualifications & experience
- AIM Award Advance Diploma Psychotheraputic counselling. AD Dip Psc
- AIM Award Professional Diploma Psychotheraputic counselling practice. Prof.Dip.Psyc.
- Diploma Mindfulness-based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Advanced. O.A. Dip
I have many years of experience working in the mental health sector in an agency and school setting.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £25.00 to £40.00
Free initial in-person, telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
- I offer a free 30 minutes consultation.
- children and young people session fee is £40 for 45 minutes.
- Adults session fee is £30 for 50 minutes.
- Adults group session fee is £25 for 60 minutes.
- Please note working hours are flexible to meet your needs.
- Therapy dog available in the session.
- Office in Belfast and Lisburn.