Indira Chima Reg MBACP MA - The Counselling Living Room®
Are you struggling with a difficulty in your life and need some help?
Would you like to improve your personal and professional relationships?
Do you want to talk to someone who will listen without judgement?
Hello. I’m Indira Chima and I run The Counselling Living Room® near St Albans, where I offer space to talk so you can work through your difficulties in complete confidence.
The Counselling Living Room® is based in Markyate near St Albans in Hertfordshire. It is a private counselling service founded on clinical excellence informed by up-to-date research.
I’m passionate about my work as well as the long term benefits of 'talking therapies' and am committed to making a difference to my clients' lives.
My counselling experience is diverse and includes:
- Relationship Issues
- Couple Counselling
- Anxiety & Depression
- Bereavement Counselling
- Work Stress
- Self Harm
- Low Self-esteem
- Disordered Eating
- Personal Development
- General Counselling
I have helped clients overcome issues such as self harm, addictions, disordered eating and the emotional trauma caused by abuse. I work with individuals and also enjoy helping couples learn how to communicate, not just talk.
I know from my own experience that the world can be a pretty stressful place and that our daily lives can sap us emotionally and physically as we attempt to juggle our work and personal lives. It's this personal experience, combined with my first-hand knowledge of the business world and my specialist training, which have combined to make me the therapist I am ie. down-to-earth, forward thinking and solution focused.
I'm professionally qualified (to Master's level) and registered with the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and governed by their professional Code of Practice and Ethical Framework. I have further training in Couple Counselling and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
I'm a firm believer in working with the whole 'person' and not the 'label' and this lays the foundation for the way I work. My counselling sessions don't involve you lying on a couch, looking at ink blots or answering awkward questions about your sex life! I'm a thoroughly modern practitioner and am dedicated to providing counselling in a straightforward, contemporary and relaxed setting.
If you would like an informal chat about your work life, pressures at home or in your head then pick up the phone or drop me an email or text and we can talk about how I can help you. I promise you listening ears, empathetic advice and total confidentiality!
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Registered Member - No 046496
- Master's degree in Contemporary Therapeutic Counselling - University of Hertfordshire
- Pg Dip in Contemporary Therapeutic Counselling - UoH
- University Diploma in Counselling - UoH
- Certificate in Couples Counselling
- CBT Key Knowledge & Skills - The Association for Psychological Therapies (APT)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Counselling via video link:-
If you can't reach me for a session in person then why not consider counselling via Skype or FaceTime? Online counselling has a number of advantages:- There's no need for you to travel to sessions; you can join me from wherever is most convenient for you and if your work pattern is unpredictable or you travel, then we can still meet online for regular therapy sessions.
See my (published) article below on video calling and contact me to set up a session
Photos & videos
- £60 Individual Counselling - 50 minutes
- £70 Couple Counselling - 1 hour
- £60 Counselling via video calling - 50 minutes
- Skype counselling - How it works and what would Freud say?
- Tunisia - The impact of trauma and role of counselling
- My comfortable home studio is tucked away on the outskirts of the village of Markyate (postcode AL3) close to the M1 (2 miles from junctions 9/10) + A5 and within easy reach of Harpenden, St Albans, Luton, Dunstable, Watford and North West London.
- Your counselling sessions will take place in a modern and stylish environment which reflects my way of working ie. straightforward, contemporary and relaxed. The semi-rural location and private off-street parking offer you privacy and convenience.
- For more information about the way I work and what to expect, visit my website: www.thecounsellinglivingroom.co.uk
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
***FULLY BOOKED UNTIL 1st JUNE***
Types of client