Ilse Leenders MNCS (Acc), ‘Ad. Dip.CP’, ‘Dip.CP’
If you feel you are at that cross roads and would like some help to see your way through, please give me a call or send me an email.
I am a qualified counsellor and psychotherapist and work as an Integrated Therapist offering multi-models of therapy. I work at all times with person centered core conditions of respect and I will help empower and enable you move forward with your life and enjoy a fulfilled life.
I work within the Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy from The National Counselling Society, an accredited register for Professional Standards Authority. I am an accredited member of the National Counselling Society.
I originally trained and qualified as a nurse in the early 70s, practicing until I had my children. I then moved into the business world and spent 25 years working in the City at senior board level. During this time I studied to become a counsellor and psychotherapist. I have vast experience and understanding of the business world and the pressure and stress this can have on your life. Working full time, studying and bringing up a family has also given me great insight into the struggle and trying to juggle my life and the impact this can have both on your own health and life but also your family, friends and relationships.
I have worked with Victim Support and currently work for MIND and Barnado’s helping people to understand their life and empower them to move forward. I work with clients with various issues or problems including stress and anxiety, bereavement, low self esteem and low self confidence, bullying, abuse, self defeating behaviours and relationship problems to enable you to live a fulfilled life.
Please give me a call or send an email and I will be happy to talk you through the first steps.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Youth Counselling
- Certificate in Play Theraphy
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Certificate in Mindfulness CBT
- Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling
- Certificate in On Line Counselling
- Professional Diploma in Management
- BSI Accredited Auditor
- Certificate in Leadership and Motivation
Continued Professional Development (CPD)
- Working with Anger
- Working with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder(PTSD)
- Working with Addiction
- Depression and suicide
- Understanding the Complexities of Sexual Abuse
- Safe Guarding Children from Abuse linked to Spirit possession and Witchcraft
- Young People who display Harmful Sexual Behaviour
- Working Existentially with Couples
- Domestic Violence
- Understanding eating dis-orders
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
The initial assessment is £40 with no obligation to continue. If you do decide to continue further sessions will be charged at £50 per 50 minutes.
I am flexible regarding times and days and can work evenings. I do offer concessionary places each week, which is dependant on income. Please contact me for details.
I am also able to offer On Line Counselling via email or Skype (by appointment only). This an alternative or in addition to face to face sessions.
Have you have reached a crossroads in your life and need help or support to make the changes? Or maybe you need a safe place, space and time to reflect on our life.
Counselling and psychotherapy could help you to understand and make sense of the world and also recognize your behaviour patterns and let go of the old patterns.
“If you always do the same things in the same way, you will always get what you have always got!”
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am flexible and available evenings and Saturdays. Please contact me for details of availability.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|