Ian Scragg, Registered MBACP (Accred), Psychotherapist, EMDR, Supervisor
My practice is located 10 minutes away from Newcastle Under Lyme or 15 minutes from Crewe
I am a Registered and Accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy. I have been working therapeutically for the past 16 years with a range of clients, predominantly in a forensic Therapeutic Community, and also in private practice. The latter has including the voluntary sector and working with Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP's). I am an experienced therapist, trainer and also a qualified clinical supervisor.
I currently also work with children and young people along with providing consultancy for staff working with children.
The decision to enter into therapy can be a daunting one, and I offer a warm, safe and confidential space while we work together in supporting you to find a way forward. My experience leads to my core belief that creating a trusting and effective therapeutic relationship is key in supporting you to move forward.
I am experienced in working with short term Counselling and long term Psychotherapy, both on a 121 basis or with groups.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling Studies - Chester University
- Masters level modules in Group Work and Cognitive Behavioural Counselling - Chester University
- Post Graduate Certificate in Supervision - Chester University
- Diploma in Counselling - Stoke on Trent College
- Certificate in Counselling - Stoke on Trent College
- 1st and 2nd Degree in Usui Reiki
- EMDR - Part 1
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Group therapy
Counselling/Psychotherapy - 1 hour session - £40
EMDR - £40 per hour.
Clinical supervision - £40 - £50 per hour.
Couples Therapy - £50 per hour
Group Therapy / Group Supervision - Please enquire as a group for prices.
I can offer concessions to those on benefits or low incomes and students.
Fees are payable at the end of each session.
Please note the full session fee is applicable if sessions are cancelled with less than 48 hours notice.
Thank you for reading and enquiring. Please feel free to make contact for a no obligation telephone discussion.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available Monday - Friday from 0900 - 2000
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Along with 16 years experience of working therapeutically I am also a qualified clinical supervisor. I am able offer both individual supervision and group supervision at the following prices:.View supervision profile