BACP. PGCE.PG Couns & Psych GradDip Couns BSc.RGN.Supervisor
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
I am a dedicated Counsellor and Supervisor with a background in Person Centred Counselling, CBT, Art, Brief Therapies, Trauma Therapy, Bereavement, Drugs and Alcohol.
With more than ten years experience as a generic Counsellor and eighteen years experience as a Registered General Nurse, I utilise strong skills in communication to establish individual needs and to prepare and deliver appropriate treatment and therapy plans accordingly.
I work in a safe, confidential environment, respecting clients, giving them space to talk and treating them in a non - judgemental way.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Introduction to Imago Relationship Therapy (Certificate) 2019
- Imago Relationship Therapy (In training)
- ACT Essentials (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy training) 2019
- SFT Essentials (Solution-Focused Therapy training) 2019
- Certificate In Supervision Course 2019
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) 2017
- Mindfulness Course 2017
- ART Therapy Foundation Course 2016
- Motivational Interviewing 2016
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy 2013
- BSc Professional Practice 2011
- Graduate Diploma in Professional Counselling Studies 2007
- Introduction to Drug Use and Misuse 2008
- Awareness in Bereavement Care with Cruise Bereavement Services 2008
- Mental Health Care Studies 2008
- Registered Managers' Award (Adults) 2008
- Community Mediation with Specialist Mediation in East Lancashire 2008
- Registered General Nurse 1999
Over the years, I also worked as a Volunteer Counsellor in different Charitable Organisations which include Listening Point, Cruise Bereavement Care, Inward House Projects, Inspire Group and Specialist Mediation in Lancashire East (SMILE).
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Free telephone consultation
- £45.00 for 50minutes sessions
- £50.00 for Supervision Sessions (60 minutes)