Hildah Makoni Reg BACP. PGCE.PG Couns & Psych GradDip Couns BSc.RGN.Supervisor
I am a dedicated Counsellor and Supervisor with a background in Person Centred Counselling, CBT, Art, Brief Therapies, Trauma Therapy, Bereavement, Drugs and Alcohol.
With more than ten years experience as a generic Counsellor and eighteen years experience as a Registered General Nurse, I utilise strong skills in communication to establish individual needs and to prepare and deliver appropriate treatment and therapy plans accordingly.
I work in a safe, confidential environment, respecting clients, giving them space to talk and treating them in a non - judgemental way.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Introduction to Imago Relationship Therapy (Certificate) 2019
- Imago Relationship Therapy (In training)
- ACT Essentials (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy training) 2019
- SFT Essentials (Solution-Focused Therapy training) 2019
- Certificate In Supervision Course 2019
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) 2017
- Mindfulness Course 2017
- ART Therapy Foundation Course 2016
- Motivational Interviewing 2016
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy 2013
- BSc Professional Practice 2011
- Graduate Diploma in Professional Counselling Studies 2007
- Introduction to Drug Use and Misuse 2008
- Awareness in Bereavement Care with Cruise Bereavement Services 2008
- Mental Health Care Studies 2008
- Registered Managers' Award (Adults) 2008
- Community Mediation with Specialist Mediation in East Lancashire 2008
- Registered General Nurse 1999
Over the years, I also worked as a Volunteer Counsellor in different Charitable Organisations which include Listening Point, Cruise Bereavement Care, Inward House Projects, Inspire Group and Specialist Mediation in Lancashire East (SMILE).
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Free telephone consultation
- £45.00 for 50minutes sessions
- £50.00 for Supervision Sessions (60 minutes)